Square Enix Inc. today announces that Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, which has received global acclaim on several platforms, is now available on Android devices through the Google Play store.
Final Fantasy Tactics was first released for the PlayStation in 1997 and sold over 2.4 million copies. The game’s popularity expanded when it was re-released in 2007 as Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system with added features such as new cut scenes, scenarios and jobs.
In Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions you can use the touch screen interface to fine-tune the control of the game. The complex tactical game can be effortlessly and intuitively controlled by tapping units and menus. Instead of switching fixed map views – you can now rotate, move and change the size of maps by sliding and pinching. The loading times have also improved and certain cut scenes can be skipped so the player can dive straight into the battles.
The game boasts a rich storyline, as fans of the Final Fantasy series have come to expect. The game also carries on the familiar job system of the series, enhanced further by the new job creation feature. The Charge Time Battle (CTB) system played on a 3D field in real time, further intensifies the strategy involved in the battles of Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.
The game is also available for iPhone and iPad.
In days now long past, the War of the Lions rent the land of Ivalice in two. And it is here that two young men of note first stepped onto history’s stage. The first is a man named Delita Heiral, the hero who would draw the curtain on the War of the Lions, this dark act of Ivalice’s history. The other, whose role is now forgotten, is a man by the name of Ramza Beoulve. Peer through the eyes of these two young men, and uncover the secrets that lie hidden within history’s darkened folds.
• Character designer Akihiko Yoshida’s illustrations come to life through animated sequences that combine hand-drawn style visuals with the fluidity of computer graphics – fully voiced exclusively for the English version
• Classic orchestrations from world-renowned composers Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata capture the essence and breathtaking drama of the world of Ivalice
• Final Fantasy turns tactical: experience strategic, turn-based combat on battlefields brought to life with breathtaking art and stunning visual effects.
• Customize your characters – with 22 jobs and over 400 abilities to choose from, the range of tactical options open to you in combat is truly astounding.
• Uncover secret truths hidden within a gripping tale of intrigue, betrayal, heresy, love and heroism.
• Recruit legendary Square Enix characters to your party, including Balthier from Final Fantasy XII and Cloud from Final Fantasy VII.
• Watch key scenes unfold through gorgeous, cutting-edge animation.
• Smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls specifically tailored to Square Enix’s mobile RPGs
• New and improved visuals