Razer announced the newest product in its line of gaming devices. The Razer Ripsaw is a capture card with USB3.0 and 1080p, 60 frames per second recording capabilities. This capture card is fully supported by both consoles and PC, and is also compatible with Open Broadcaster Software and XSplit. It will be available worldwide with a U.S. price point of $179.99.
The Ripsaw is able to capture 1080p footage at 60 frames per second. The card is equipped with audio and microphone inputs in order for streamers to add a second audio commentary layer from a microphone or music source.
“Razer has been involved with the streaming scene since the beginning of game broadcasting, with top streamers using our hardware through the ages to get the unfair gaming advantage in front of audiences,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer CEO and co-founder. “We’re excited to design a game capture card that meets the exacting needs of broadcasters and to also give newcomers a perfect tool to help them possibly become the next Syndicate or Pewdiepie.”
The card requires a decent PC to function, and works with all home consoles. System requirements and product features are listed below.
- Windows 10/8.1/7 (64/32 bit).
- USB 3.0 powered.
- CPU: Desktop – Intel Core i5-4440 3.10 GHz or above. Laptop – Intel Core i7-4810MQ or above
- Graphics card: Desktop – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 and above. Laptop – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M and above.
- Memory: 4GB minimum (8GB recommended).
- Interface: USB 3.0 only
- Video input: Digital – HDMI / Analog – Component
- Audio input: Digital – HDMI / Analog – RCA L/R
- Audio mix-in input: 3.5 mm mic-in / 3.5 mm aux-in
- Video output: HDMI (pass-through from HDMI and Component input)
- Max capture resolution: Uncompressed 1080p60
- Supported resolutions: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i
Product size and weight:
- Depth: 130 mm / 5.12 in.
- Width: 86 mm / 3.39 in.
- Height: 17 mm / 0.67 in.
- Weight: 183 g / 0.40 lbs.
What’s in the box:
- Razer Ripsaw game capture card
- USB 3.0 cable
- HDMI cable
- Component AV cable
- Component AV Multi cable
- 5 mm audio cable
- Important Product Information Guide