Gran Turismo is one of PlayStations longest running franchises. From it's roots on Sony's first console to it's sixth installment in 2013, the series encompasses almost every PlayStation console. Now, we'll get some information on the next game in the franchise.
In a PlayStation Blog post, Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi said Polyphony Digital has a lot of Gran Turismo news to share during an event later this month. He added the company will stream "brand-new Gran Turismo Sport footage from an exclusive London event, and sharing new details about the latest entry in Polyphony Digital’s acclaimed racing series."
He went on to encourage fans to watch the unveiling, either through the official Gran Turismo or PlayStation YouTube channels on May 19. The stream will be hosted by a mix of Gran Turismo and motoring experts, who will cover the following:
- 10:45am PT – 11:00am PT: Run down of the day’s events, news and a showcase of the brand new GT SPORT trailer.
- 11:00am PT – 12:30pm PT: Nations Cup Pre-Season Test and the Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships [not necessarily in order]:
- The Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test
- The Nations Cup Pre-Season Test
- 12:30pm BST – 1:00pm PT: Trophy ceremonies [1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each cup]