Do you enjoy Civilization? 2K has a treat for you. This weekend Civilization: Beyond Earth will be having a Free-To-Play weekend. This will give you a chance to dig into the game, even if you have not splurged for the final game yet. Even better, if you purchase the Beyond Earth Rising Tide Expansion this weekend you will get 10% off. Not a bad deal if you plan to buy it anyways. For everyone else, it gives you a chance to taste what Civilization: Beyond Earth is all about.
Full Press Release Below:
2K and Firaxis Games Celebrate Rising Tide with
Sid Meier’s Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ Free-to-Play Weekend
Pre-purchase the new expansion pack* and get 10% off or enjoy additional savings on the Civilization Beyond Earth – The Collection bundle this weekend
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #RisingTide
New York, NY – August 13, 2015 – 2K and Firaxis Games today announced pre-purchase details for Sid Meier’s Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ – Rising Tide, the expansion pack for 2014’s turn-based strategy title, Civilization: Beyond Earth. Players who pre-purchase the game will receive a 10% discount on their purchases. Rising Tide is currently in development for Windows PC, as well as Mac and Linux through Aspyr Media, and scheduled for worldwide release on all platforms on October 9, 2015.
Complementing the Rising Tide pre-purchase news, players can also take advantage of the following Beyond Earth offers:
- The award-winning** Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth is free-to-play on Steam beginning today at 1:00 p.m. EDT and concluding Monday, August 17, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. EDT;
- Civilization: Beyond Earth – The Collection, which includes Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, the Exoplanets Map Pack and the upcoming expansion pack, Rising Tide, will be available for purchase during the free-to-play period with an additional discount from participating digital retailers.
The Exoplanets Map Pack features six custom maps inspired by real exoplanets, including:
- Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and wealth of resources;
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
New players who participate in the free-to-play weekend on Steam will have until 1:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, August 17, 2015 to purchase Civilization: Beyond Earth or the Civilization Beyond Earth: The Collection for more than 10% off, and retain their in-game progress.