Sid Meier’s Civilization VI has been announced as the newest entry in the beloved strategy franchise to celebrate the 25
anniversary of Civilization.
The newest Civilization looks to be returning to Earth and going back to its traditional roots. New features include cities expanding physically on the map, active research for technology and culture and combinable units on a single tile.
President of 2K Christoph Hartmann says the upcoming Civilization game will be the most complete experience to date.
“Sid Meier’s Civilization games hold a reputation for defining the 4X gaming genre for the past 25 years. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the silver anniversary of our longest-running franchise than launching the eagerly anticipated Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, which will provide the most detailed, beautiful and complete experience ever featured in a Civilization game.”
Key features of Sid Meier’s Civilization VI include:
- EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain;
- ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures;
- DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations;
- COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units;
- ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session;
- A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems are designed to introduce new players to the underlying concepts of Civilization so they can easily get started on a path to victory.
Details are fairly sparse, however Sid Meier’s Civilization VI will launch on October 21, 2016 for PC for $59.99.
Check out the trailer for the new Civilization featured below.