It’s that wonderful time of year again when wallets are empty, Steam libraries become fuller, and green becomes everyone’s favourite colour; the annual Steam Summer Sale has arrived.
Branded this year as a “Picnic” sale, Steam’s website is covered head to toe in deals on nearly 13,000 games. With sales ranging from 10-75% off select titles, there’s certainly something for everyone on a budget to enjoy.
Steam has their own recommendations, with big fancy pages for Call of Duty, Assassin’s Creed, LEGO Games and Sonic the Hedgehog deals (However, there’s also a Sonic Humble Bundle going on right now as well), but we here at CGM have come up with a list of our favourite titles you should check out and pick up at a discount:
- DOOM – $47.99: This year’s hottest FPS revival is at an incredible price for 40% off. Check out our review to see why we love it so much.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition – $29.33: Considering the upgrade to the Special Edition releasing later this year will be free with this version (which includes all the add-ons), now is a better time than ever to pick up this epic RPG.
- Undertale – $7.49: Last year’s surprise hit is a steal for under $10. An essential for any JRPG fan.
- Half-Life 1 – $2.19: It’s a Steam sale and it’s Half-Life. Need we say more? Also comes in a bundle with 18 other Valve essentials for only $35.
- Stardew Valley – $13.59: If you love Harvest Moon, or just farming in general, then Stardew Valley is the game for you. Or you could go out and actually farm, but we think this is a lot more fun.
Unfortunately, if you’re looking to pick up and gift Counter Strike: Global Offensive to a friend while it’s half off, you’re fresh out of luck: Valve is only allowing personal sales for the popular title. However, this hasn’t been met with many problems in the CS:GO community, with many players praising the decision to forgo gift purchases of the title.
With all these fantastic deals, now is the best time to buy your new favourite game. The Steam Summer Picnic Sale runs from now until July 4th.