As Nintendo fans across the world knew, their newest Direct presentation was scheduled today. Now that it is officially over, there is a lot of stuff to cover. It is safe to say that Nintendo was very busy today.
When Nintendo initially revealed that they would be holding another Direct event, they said they would put an emphasis on Splatoon 2 and Arms. Now, fans know a lot more about the two Switch titles; starting with release dates.
Arms and Splatoon 2 are set to be released June 16, 2017, and July 21, 2017 respectively. Nintendo, speaking about Splatoon 2, also revealed amiibo figures that will release alongside the game. In addition, they announced a co-op game mode (Salmon Run). Meanwhile, they introduced another character into Arms, named Min Min.
As for the rest, they announced several games that will be coming to the Switch and 3DS.
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition: This will launch on the eShop on May 11, 2017 and will include an exclusive Super Mario Mash-Up pack.
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers: Launching for the Switch on May 26, 2017, this will include all the classic characters, along with the additions of Ryu and Ken.
- Disgaea 5 Complete: Coming to the Switch on May 23, 2017, this is a tactical RPG.
- Monopoly, This fall, the iconic board game is coming to the Switch.
- Namco Museum: Packing in arcade classics, this title will make its way on the Switch this summer.
Also, touched on, or revealed, for the Switch were two Sonic games, Project Mekuru, NeoGeo Masterpieces, Puyo Puyo Tetris (April 25, 2017), Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition, Sine Mora EX, Battle Chasers: Night War, Payday 2, and Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (July 25, 2017).
For the 3DS, they revealed Hey! Pikmin (July 28, 2017), three Kirby games, Ever Oasis (June 23, 2017), Miitopia, Monster Hunter Stories, Bye-Bye Boxboy, The Culdcept Series (August 29, 2017), and RPG Maker Fes (June 27, 2017).
Finally, Nintendo also announced that they would be selling the standalone dock accessory for the Switch on May 19, as well as three new Legend of Zelda amiibos being released on June 23.