NEW YORK, Oct. 24, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Atari®, one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and interactive entertainment producers, today announced that the new hybrid city-builder and space shooter game Lunar Battle™ is now available on the App Store and Google Play. Lunar Battle is a new, original Atari title where players crash land into an epic deep space adventure to explore uncharted terrain and conquer the galaxy. This captivating free-to-play city-builder incorporates arcade-style combat elements originally popularized in classic Atari space shooters such as Asteroids™ and Star Raiders® for a unique gaming experience on mobile.
Developed by On5, Lunar Battle is available now for download on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, as well as Google Play for Android devices here:
- App Store: http://uberstrategist.link/LunarBattleAppStore
- Google Play: http://uberstrategist.link/LunarBattleGooglePlay
As a member of a brave crew of intergalactic explorers, your journey begins when you crash-land on a mysterious, inhospitable planet deep in space. Gathering resources and building infrastructure will be essential to ensuring your fellow explorers can endure the desolate terrain and prosper into a growing populace amidst alien threats. Protect the expanding base by taking to the skies to combat against AI and player-created spacecrafts as part of an exhilarating multiplayer experience. A well-functioning and self-sufficient economy will allow you to survive and thrive in Lunar Battle, in addition to mastering the following key gameplay features:
- Build a Base – Create a thriving planetary colony by building all of the essentials a space community needs – power, food, water, tech and more. Customize building layouts to create the ultimate personalized galactic refuge.
- Explore the Planet and Harvest Resources – Unearth precious resources including space ores, ship parts and untapped energy sources. Use the materials to keep your population growing and the colony booming.
- Take Flight and Fight – Participate in Player-versus-Environment (PVE) and asynchronous Player-versus-Player (PVP) dogfights as part of the thrilling arcade space shooter experience. Use materials crafted and salvaged on the surface to outfit and upgrade space fighters with a selection of powerful lasers, plasma cannons, shields and more to become the terror of the stars!
- Destroy the Enemy – Equip workers with blasters to fight off hordes of deadly aliens and expand human territory.
- Conquer Campaigns – Beat 50 levels of pulse-pounding space action. Try to score three stars on each level to receive rewards and earn craftable salvage for completing missions.
“Lunar Battle is an innovative game unlike other mobile city-builders because of its deep resource management and exciting arcade combat,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. “We are excited to launch Lunar Battle worldwide today, as we think players will enjoy the unique mixture of city-building simulation and arcade-style space shooting.”
Atari is an interactive entertainment production company. As an iconic brand that transcends generations and audiences, the company is globally recognized for its multi-platform, interactive entertainment and licensed products. Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world-renowned brands like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong® and RollerCoaster Tycoon®. Atari has offices in New York and Paris. Visit us online at www.Atari.com
© 2017 Atari Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. Atari wordmark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
On5 is a development studio consisting of a group of hard-working enthusiasts willing to bring new ideas into the world of mobile apps.
CGM Newswire is a subsidiary of CGMagazine. For more information, visit our page here.
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!
Check out some of our latest news, reviews, and features including Why Rick and Morty Fans Are Ruining Rick and Morty (Including Me), Golf Story (Switch) Review – A Must Play RPG About the Most Boring Sport of All Time, and Fight’N Rage (PC) Review: Mandatory Brawling!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!