Asia Mobile Games Market Report 2017-2021″ report has been
added to Research and Markets’ offering.
2017 Mobile Games Revenue is Projected to Reach $1.1 Billion, Rising to
$2.4 Billion by 2021, With Faster Growth Than Previously Forecast
Southeast Asia’s mobile games market is booming, representing a
lucrative opportunity for mobile developers and publishers. Huge numbers
of avid gamers, lower user acquisition costs, the prevalence of the
English language, and a relatively open market for new entrants all make
the region very attractive.
However, each country’s different culture, gamer preferences, and
spending behaviors means there is no one size fits all approach to the
region. One particular differentiator with the West is the mobile app
distribution system, which is broader than just Google Play and Apple
App Store. Further, while the regulatory landscape is more relaxed than
China, several countries have regulations that do impact strategy for
Key Takeaways from the Analysis:
- 2017 mobile games revenue is projected to reach $1.1 billion, rising
to $2.4 billion by 2021, with faster growth than previously forecast
- The number of mobile online gamers in Southeast Asia will pass 170
million by the end of 2017, rising to 250 million by 2021
- Mobile games are growing considerably faster in Southeast Asia than PC
online games, with mobile games revenue surpassing PC games revenue in
- Most mobile games are free-to-play, but core gamers are raising
spending on an increasing number of new games in genres such as RPG
- Mobile esports is on the rise, due to Arena of Valor (Garena) and
other MOBA titles.
- International developers enjoy launching games in SEA because of the
huge number of avid gamers, lower install rates and user acquisition
costs, and because games can remain in English as the majority of
gamers in these countries speak and read English as a 1st or 2nd
- A comprehensive analysis of the SEA region as a whole and by
- Market model and 5-year forecast through 2021 for mobile games
revenues and mobile gamers
- Growth drivers and trends
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, demographics,
behavior, operating systems and usage for mobile games
- Top games and publishers, with country detail for games lists
- User acquisition and distribution
- Mobile internet usage, devices, OS, and payments
- 111 slides, 90 data exhibits
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. SEA Mobile Market Size & 5-Year Forecast
3. Gamer Survey
4. SEA Regional Economic Data
5. Mobile Internet Penetration, Usage, Devices, OS
6. User Acquisition & Distribution
7. Country-by-Country Analysis
8. Glossary & Background Data
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sjhtbn/southeast_asia.
CGM Newswire is a subsidiary of CGMagazine. For more information, visit our page here.
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!
Check out some of our latest news, reviews, and features including Why Rick and Morty Fans Are Ruining Rick and Morty (Including Me), Golf Story (Switch) Review – A Must Play RPG About the Most Boring Sport of All Time, and Fight’N Rage (PC) Review: Mandatory Brawling!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!