The “Taiwan Digital Games Market Report and Forecast” report has been added to Research and Markets’ offering.
As the largest games market in Greater Southeast Asia, Taiwan (Chinese
Taipei) is a market in its own right and very distinct from mainland
China and the rest of Southeast Asia in terms of gamer behavior, local
game development, and types of games in demand.
The market continues to grow across both PC online and mobile games, and
esports is heating up with significant investment entering the space.
With a clearer regulatory landscape than mainland China, the Taiwan
market represents a lucrative opportunity for international competitors
but it requires a different approach and understanding.
- A comprehensive market model and 5-year forecast through 2021 by games
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, behavior, and
usage for PC online and mobile games
- Growth drivers and trends analysis
- Top games, publishers, and gaming hardware
- Gamer demographics, behavior, and spending
- 59 slides with more than 35 data exhibits
Key Takeaways from the Analysis:
- Despite a population ranking 55th in the world, Taiwan is the 15th
largest PC + Mobile games market worldwide, generating over $1.26
billion USD in 2016
- Taiwanese consumers’ enthusiasm for games and local investment into
technology and infrastructure all point to a growth market for digital
games and entertainment
- Taiwan’s PC + Mobile games market is projected to grow to $2.8 billion
- Mobile games have become the largest segment, currently accounting for
53% of this revenue, and projected to rise to 60% with more than half
of Taiwan’s population playing mobile games by 2021
- 65% of gamers in Taiwan feel esports is the country’s most important
competitive sport. 75% of gamers watch live streams, and more than
half want to compete. Global games giants have taken notice and are
making significant investment
- League of Legends continues to dominate as the most played PC game in
- Chinese games publishers are successful in Taiwan especially in mobile
where they dominate the top ten games for both iOS and Android,
however with fewer regulations than mainland China, the Taiwan market
represents a lucrative opportunity for international competitors
Key Topics Covered:
1. Market Overview
2. Revenue and Growth
3. Macro Data
4. Game Consoles
6. PC Online Games – Overview, Forecast, Growth Drivers, Top Games &
Publishers, Distribution, i-Cafs, and Hardware
7. Mobile Games – Overview, Forecast, Growth Drivers, Distribution, and
Top Games & Publishers
9. Gamer Survey
- 9s Play
- ELEX Wireless
- GAME Dreamer
- Garena Games Online
- Mad Head Limited
- NAVER Corp.
- Netmarble Games Corp.
- NEXON Company
- Perfect World
- Wanin InternaJonal Co. Ltd.
CGM Newswire is a subsidiary of CGMagazine. For more information, visit our page here.
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!