Portuguese production company Fish Eagle, in partnership with Italian developer, Picaresque Studio, is proud to announce that Nantucket – the seafaring strategy game based on Moby Dick, launches today on PC.
With Nantucket finally out of dock, ready to challenge wannabe sea captains to hunt whales and explore the high seas using their own strategic wit and cunning, there’s no better time to get your hooks into the game, which happens to have a 10% discount for the first week of sale.
Set in the golden era of American whaling in the early 19th century, Nantucket takes place shortly after the events in the Pequod, where Captain Ahab and his crew lost their lives to Moby Dick. As Ishmael, the sole survivor of the Pequod, you’ll explore the seven seas, captain your ship, fight pirates and hunt whales, whilst on the lookout for your old foe, Moby Dick, in search of the ultimate redemption.
Nantucket is a game like no other, and explores the fiction of the time in a detailed world to explore, manage and conquer, including:
- EXPLORE THE SEVEN SEAS: Set sail around the world, visit cities, and increase your prestige by hunting whales, landing jobs, and searching for new adventures.
- BE THE CAPTAIN YOU WANT TO BE: Develop your character in true RPG fashion, by increasing your stats, choosing your reactions, and developing your seafaring skills.
- MANAGE YOUR SHIP AND CREW: Hire and manage your crew, give them tasks on your ship, and improve your ship with new compartments, expanding your ship’s capabilities.
- EXPERIENCE THE GOLDEN AGE OF WHALING: Experience more than a thousand unique events tailored around your choices and face the consequences of your actions.
- HUNT WHALES AND FIGHT PIRATES: Discover new whaling areas, hunt whales for blubber, and protect your ship from pirates using a turn-based combat system.
- CHASE AFTER MOBY DICK: Follow an original storyline and complete quests to unveil the secrets behind Moby Dick and dissolve Ahab’s curse.
“We’re absolutely delighted to finally launch Nantucket onto the digital high seas,” said Marco Mantoan, Designer, Picaresque Studio. “It’s been a long journey, but during the past few months of beta testing we have felt our community near us, helping us to deliver what we believe is a unique glimpse of the world narrated by Herman Melville in Moby Dick.”
Richard Benn, Managing Director, Fish Eagle, added: “Fish Eagle has reached out to lot of press, YouTubers and Twitch streamers over the past few months. Their feedback has been extremely valuable to the development team, and their passion for the project demonstrates how, even in an overcrowded market, it’s possible to deliver something unique and fulfilling for the players.”
CGM Newswire is a subsidiary of CGMagazine. For more information, visit our page here.
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!
Check out some of our latest news, reviews, and features including Brendan Frye’s Google Pixelbook Review and our IT Blu-Ray Giveaway Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out the First 15 – Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Forza Motorsport 7, and Cuphead!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!