Witness the Birth of The Harbinger in Story Content Update for Dark Fantasy Strategy Game from Talent Behind Epic’s Gears of War and Marvel Studio Films
Laser Guided Games LLC — an independent developer made up of industry veterans from Epic Games — and Hollow Earth Inc., the studio responsible for character design in blockbuster Marvel films Spider-Man: Homecoming, Iron Man and the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, today released the first major story content update for their dark fantasy strategy game Golem Gates. Players of the real-time strategy (RTS) and collectible card game (CCG) hybrid title can experience Golem Gates’ lore-rich world through Book I of the episodic single-player story campaign, available today as a free update through Steam.
It all begins with a mysterious voice, reaching from the unknown — calling from the darkness to summon you, The Harbinger. An outcast in this forsaken world, The Harbinger is given purpose: find the monolithic Golem Gates which aid the enemy, and destroy them to be redeemed. Book I of Golem Gate’s single-player story campaign teaches the player to wield the power of The Harbinger to manipulate and command nanites from The Ash — an ancient power that resides in the world’s atmosphere. Follow the unseen force that compels you to take up arms in five story missions that put you on the course to unraveling the mysteries surrounding the golem’s long-lost creators. But beware, there are others with power over The Ash.
“We’re thrilled to introduce players to the The Harbinger, the protagonist of the game, and the Golem Gates themselves, the ominous giant structures that protect the enemy,” said Josh Nizzi, Head of Hollow Earth Inc. “We can’t wait for players to dive deeper into the dark and dangerous world of Golem Gates — stay tuned for even more twists and revelations ahead!”
“With the introduction of the Golem Gates single-player campaign, players can now further immerse themselves in its arcane setting,” said Matt Oelfke, Founder and Lead Developer at Laser Guided Games. “Our Early Access players enjoying Golem Gates’ multiplayer side couldn’t get enough of the world we created, so we’ve expanded our scope to deliver even more single-player content than originally planned. Book I is just the beginning, and we can’t wait to hear what fans think!”
- Dynamic Diversity: Create your own unique battle plan to counter your opponents with nearly 100 collectible card game inspired Glyphs, including units, buildings, traps, buffs, debuffs and techs, that provide nearly limitless strategy options.
- Multiple Modes: Experience the evolving story of Golem Gates’ single-player campaign and take the fight online with friends in cooperative and survival-based modes.
- May the RNG Gods Smile Upon You: Randomized Glyph drawing puts a slightly different spin on every battle by eliminating monotonous build sequences, while rewarding deck building mastery and strategic planning chops in equal measure.
- Streamlined Strategy: Build and enhance your forces with Glyphs; no production or research buildings are needed. Capture resources in King of the Hill style skirmishes without dedicated gathering units and keep your focus where it belongs — on the battle.
- Fight Where You Have Sight: Glyphs can be played almost anywhere you have an existing presence. Add more forces to a battle to turn the tide, transform a scouting party into an army, place emergency defenses to respond to the enemy or hide an outpost in a direction the enemy doesn’t expect. The choices are yours, but beware: the enemy will do the same and with the right Glyph, your forces can be destroyed as quickly as they were created
Golem Gates is a collaborative project developed by Laser Guided Games and Hollow Earth Inc. Laser Guided Games is made up of veterans from Epic Games who have worked on blockbuster game franchises such as Gears of War and Unreal Tournament. The Hollow Earth team specializes in art design and story development with past experience working on blockbuster Marvel films Spider-Man: Homecoming and Iron Man, as well as the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther, in addition to the Transformers movie franchise.
Golem Gates is available for purchase now via Steam Early Access for Windows PC for an early adopter price of $19.99 at http://store.steampowered.com/
For more information about Golem Gates, please visit www.golemgates.com.
CGM Newswire is a subsidiary of CGMagazine. For more information, visit our page here.
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!
Check out some of our latest news, reviews, and features including Brendan Frye’s Google Pixelbook Review and Jordan Biordi’s Kirby Battle Royale 3DS Review Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out the First 15 – Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Forza Motorsport 7, and Cuphead!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!