The end of the world begins today with the global launch of the free-to-play, Zombie MMO Dead Maze on Steam. Following a successful closed beta period, independent French developer Atelier 801 (Transformice) opens the doors to Dead Maze today, and invites players to join forces to reclaim a world overrun by the undead.
In Dead Maze, cooperation takes center stage. Join thousands of players working together to explore a devastated Western United States. Fight against the constant threat of the undead, scavenge what you can to survive, craft crucial supplies and weapons — and ultimately rebuild society with friends.
- Cooperation is Key: Join forces with fellow survivors to explore high-risk, high-reward instances in a ravaged modern world.
- Over 500+ Weapons: From kitchen knives to old undergarments, nearly every item can be used as a weapon, scavenged for valuable parts, or combined to craft useful items.
- Hordes of Undead: The infected work together and will gather before attacking. They come in many different shapes and sizes, from violently exploding infected capable of attracting even more undead, to bosses able to project more infected towards you.
- Establish your Camp: Build and furnish your personal home. Plant seeds and tend to vegetable gardens, upgrade your water collector to stay hydrated, or breed cattle to gain access to extra food resources, such as milk.
- Survive and Thrive: The undead aren’t the only threat. Hunger, thirst, and injuries must be managed. Ration your food and drinks, and monitor your health carefully using original survival mechanics.
- Bloody and Beautiful: The apocalypse never looked this good! Attention to detail and vibrant color pours through every pixel of Dead Maze’s handcrafted zones, as players explore bombed out malls and military facilities from a 2D isometric perspective.
- An Unforgettable Story: Experience a compelling story and campaign spanning a fictionalized version of the Western United States. Over 22 major longform quests will find players traveling from the suburbs of Sacramento to the beaches of Bodega Bay.
- More to Come: Atelier 801 has plans to continue supporting Dead Maze post-launch with new and exciting content from additional story-driven campaign quests to the upcoming map editor, which allows players to create and share their own adventures – and share them with the community.
CGM Newswire is a subsidiary of CGMagazine. For more information, visit our page here.
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!
Check out some of our latest news, reviews, and features including Derek Heemsbergen’s review of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out the First 15 – Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Forza Motorsport 7, and Cuphead!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!