HyperX Sponsors SXSW PC Arena and Showcases Latest Gear at SXSW Gaming Expo FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. & AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#2KDraftMe—HyperX®,
a division of Kingston® Technology Company, Inc., today announced it will lead an esports panel at SXSW called “Colliding Worlds, Shaping the Future of Esports.” Esports is one of the
fastest growing segments of entertainment in the world, with live viewership surpassing that of the NFL and NBA. The panel brings together the merging worlds of brands, players and organizations in the esports landscape to look at the future of esports and entertainment, featuring market leaders from the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Philadelphia 76ers’ Team Dignitas and VY Esports.
“We are looking forward to the upcoming panel to dive into the world of sports and esports as they converge to create a new entertainment monolith,” said Daniel Kelley, director of global marketing, HyperX. “The gaming community continues to expand, and we see this as an opportunity to educate and engage with the community to help advance the future landscape of esports.”
The “Colliding Worlds, Shaping the Future of Esports” panel takes place on Thursday, March 15 from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. at the Austin Convention Center, Room 5ABC, and features a range of gaming industry experts including:
- Daniel Kelley, director of global marketing, HyperX –
- Kelley offers unique insight into the merging of esports and traditional sports, securing strategic partnerships with NBA players and esports teams, including All-Star players De’Aaron Fox, Joel Embiid and Gordon Hayward. He leads HyperX in driving wide-reaching brand awareness, making HyperX a brand truly integrated into the esports community.
- Roger Muraco, director of gaming operations, Cleveland Cavaliers –
- Muraco leads the Cleveland Cavaliers esports strategy and is involved in developing an NBA 2K team to compete in the inaugural NBA 2K tournament this year. He will bring a sports team perspective to the changes we expect to see in 2018.
- Heather Garazzo, gamer and marketing director, Team Dignitas –
Garazzo has been active as a player, coach, and manager and brings a unique perspective to the convergence of sports and esports teams related to player development and the skills needed to grow and prosper in this growing field of entertainment.
- Stan Press, head of business development, VY Esports – Press is involved in esports from the agency perspective and has been a moderator of esports panels around the world. He brings his esports experience with him and will be moderating the Colliding Worlds panel.
HyperX is participating in a range of activities during the SXSW Conference and Festivals, exhibiting its latest products at the SXSW Gaming Expo and sponsoring the SXSW PC Arena, where SXSW Gaming attendees can enjoy a wide-array of PC gaming activities. The PC Arena features 160 sets of HyperX gaming peripherals including gaming headsets, keyboards, mice and mousepads. Attendees will have opportunities to compete in organized competitions and tournaments in front of large crowds during SXSW, all on computers and notebooks
outfitted with HyperX gear. New and veteran gamers can play and experience HyperX gear and have a chance to win daily prizes.
SXSW Gaming Expo attendees can try out HyperX gaming gear at the HyperX booth #2307, Thursday, March 15 – Friday, March 16 from Noon – 8 p.m. and Saturday, March 17 from Noon – 7 p.m. with daily giveaways, product demos, PC and console gaming stations, and onsite sales with special discounts for select products. Visitors will have the opportunity to try out award-winning gaming accessories used by gaming professionals around the world, including the HyperX Cloud FlightTM offering an incredible 30-hour battery life and signature HyperX comfort; the HyperXTM
Cloud Alpha known for the its dual-chamber technology that delivers crisp, clean sound; the HyperXTM Alloy Elite RGB is the first HyperX full size RGB keyboard compatible with the downloadable NGenuity software to customize light and macro profiles and the new Pulsefire SurgeTM gaming mouse with RGB lighting.
“SXSW is becoming the new gaming destination for fans and industry leaders alike and we’re excited to bring an authentic gaming experience to SXSW attendees in the Freeplay PC Arena with high-quality HyperX gaming gear,” said Annie L. Gerard, global strategic marketing manager, HyperX. “We’re glad to be part of SXSW this year and look forward to introducing HyperX to fans at the Gaming Expo.”