Announced back in May, Brazil’s largest videogame expo has gone digital. Brazil’s Independent Games or BIG Digital announced earlier today, its full program guide for the online festival, which can be viewed now on the BIG Digital website.
Although BIG is a place that fosters upcoming talent from smaller studios and individuals, that doesn’t mean the event excludes the likes of AAA studios and other big names within the games industry. Some big names that will be present for BIG Digital. Include Nintendo, Facebook, Google, Microsoft (Xbox), Ubisoft and Snapchat.
Additionally, several special guests will be present in some manner during BIG Digital, which can be viewed down below, via the official press release:
- Andromeda Sound’s Antonio Teoli, an award-winning composer whose credits include Nintendo, SEGA, Samsung, and many others;
- ARVORE Immersive Experiences’ Ana Ribeiro, creator of the critically-acclaimed Pixel Ripped franchise;
- Epic Games’ Unreal Evangelist Paulo Souza; and
- Microsoft Studio’s Carla Rylance (nDreams, Imaginati Studios, and currently The Coalition);
- Drussila Hollanda-Grönberg, game and project lead at Supercell, and founder of Hive Helsinki Code School;
- Reginaldo Valadares, a pioneer in Brazil’s online multiplayer games industry, currently General Manager and Vice President of Product at Scopely.
Those curious about the actual events can view a list of some of the planned panels down below:
- Welcoming Diverse Perspectives to Broaden Gaming Experiences: Marcos Silva, founder and partner of Sue the Real — a game studio that focuses on Afro-Brazillian narratives — discusses the dominance of the white male perspective in videogames and explores other narratives that seek to change this aspect of the industry.
- Brazil — A New Look From Abroad: Andromeda Sound’s Antonio Teoli and Doppio Games’ Jefferson Valadares lead a panel of four globally recognized industry experts as they discuss the global perception of Brazil’s games industry.
- The State of the “Indie-stry”: Panelists Yves Le Yaouanq (Ubisoft), Christopher Wulf (Those Awesome Guys), Paulo Luis dos Santos (Flux Games Studio), and Limpho Moeti (Nyamakop), discuss the independent games industry and how power has shifted from publishers to developers and what that means to independent studios.
- MADE IN BRAZIL: The Talented Brazilian External Development (XD) Market: From art to sound to coding, Brazilian game companies are developing amazing components for AAA games. Kokku’s Thiago de Freitas introduces the work of internationally recognized teams whose excellence has contributed to some of the world’s most renowned games.
- 4-Steps for Successful Due Diligence in the New Normal: The Coalition’s Carla Rylance, a member of the External Development Summit’s (XDS) advisory board, discusses frameworks to facilitate new work-from-home initiatives enacted by 94 percent of the industry during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If that wasn’t enough to entice readers, it should be noted that BIG digital is completely free and can be streamed worldwide from the official BIG website.