Sega has released a new spotlight trailer for Sonic Colors: Ultimate which is set to launch this September.
Sonic Colors: Ultimate is a remastered version of the original 2010 Nintendo Wii platformer developed by studio, Blind Squirrel Entertainment. The game features improved graphics, revamped lighting, 60 FPS, 4k resolution, additional features, a new game mode, and enhanced gameplay which Sonic fans got a taste of in the lastest trailer. Check our thoughts on the Ultimate iteration of the game in our preview of the game.
Players will be into the fast shoes of Sonic the Hedgehog as he investigates Dr. Eggman newly built gigantic interstellar amusement parkbursting with incredible rides and colorful attractions.
While it looks good on the surface, Dr, Eggman has captured an alien race called ‘Wisps’ to power his amusement park. It’s up to Sonic to help free the wisps in six colourful worlds. As Sonic helps free the wisps he learns the secrets of their amazing mystical powers which Sonic can harness and grants him special abilities he can use in gameplay.
Below is a breakdown of all type of Wisps and their powers that Sonic can use in Sonic Colors: Ultimate:
- White Wisp – Fill your boost gauge and accelerate into super speeds, destroy obstacles and enemies in your path
- Cyan Wisp – Turn Sonic into a powerful cyan laser, move across the stage at lightning speed and zap enemies in your path
- Jade Wisp – Transform Sonic into a Jade ghost, fly around and phase through solid objects to reach hidden areas
- Pink Wisp – Turn Sonic into a pink spike that can roll up walls and ceilings and attack enemies
- Green Wisp – Transform Sonic into a green hover form to reach higher areas and float past treacherous obstacles
- Orange Wisp – Turn Sonic into an orange rocket, blast into the air and reach unparalleled heights
- Blue Wisp – Switch blue rings and blue blocks to open new routes, turn Sonic into a blue cube to stomp down enemies
- Yellow Wisp – Transform Sonic into a yellow drill and dig through the ground or torpedo through the water
- Purple Wisp – Transform Sonic into a hungry purple frenzy and eat anything in your path
Sonic Colors: Ultimate will launch both digitally and physically on PC through the Epic Games Store (digital exclusive), PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on September 7th for $39.99 USD. If you want to play it a bit earlier, you can play the game four days early if you pre-order Sonic Colors: Ultimate Digital Deluxe Edition for $44.99 USD.