The Mythic Dungeon International (MDI) is back for its second season of Shadowlands, bringing a new format as teams compete for their shot at the 2021 Global Finals. Watch starting this Friday, only on YouTube!
MDI is making its glorious return to Shadowlands as season two begins this weekend. The top 24 teams from time trials have been divided into three separate groups, with eight teams competing each weekend for their share of the weekly $20,000 (USD) prize pool. In addition to prizes, the top two teams in each group will advance to the Global Finals October 29 – 31 where they will battle for the title of MDI World Champions and a $300,000 prize pool!
Following the three groups, weekends will be the Last Stand Tournament, October 1 – 3! The top six teams from a final open registration Time Trials have 15 hours to speed run keystones across multiple dungeons, with the top team securing a spot in the Global Finals. Open registration for the Last Stand Tournament lasts until September 20, only on GameBattles. Are you ready for the start of the latest MDI season? Here is everything you need to know to enjoy the dungeon-running action!
Mythic Dungeon International details:
- Venue: Online – YouTube.com/Warcraft
- Dates: Every Friday – Sunday, September 3 – 19, and the Last Stand Tournament October 1 – 3.
- Broadcast Start Time: 10:00 AM PDT
- Prize Pool: $380,000 (USD), spread across four weekends at $20,000 per Group and the Last Stand Tournament, and the final $300,000 during the Global Finals.
- Format: 5v5, Best of 3
- Guest Casters:
- Group A – Joseph “Psy” Prendergast
- Group B – To be announced soon!
- Group C – To be announced soon!
- Last Chance Tournament – To be announced soon!
- Language Streams on YouTube:
Group A – Affixes & Dungeons
Affixes and dungeon keystone difficulties will vary between each group, with teams having one week to prepare for their matches. Here are the details for this weekend’s Group A.