CES 2023 is happening, which means many new technology based announcements will commence, starting with Intel’s newest (fastest) mobile processor.
The newest 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processors are advertised to bring superior performance to mobile (laptop) platforms with the processing power that comes from Intel.
Executive Vice President and General Manager of the Client Computing Group at Intel, Michelle Johnston Holthaus said “The 13th Gen Intel Core mobile processor family delivers unrivaled, scalable performance for leadership platforms across all laptop segments,” with “With our industry-leading technologies and unmatched global partner ecosystem, people can expect a high-caliber mobile experience in new and unique form factors – so they can game or create from anywhere,” at CES 2023.
New Intel Mobile Laptop Processor Specs At CES 2023
- Up to 5.6 gigahertz (GHz) turbo frequency – the highest clock speed available for the laptop market – delivering up to 11% faster single-thread performance and 49% faster multitask performance over the previous generation.
- Up to 24 cores (8 Performance-cores, 16 Efficient-cores), 32 threads and enhanced Intel® Thread Director.
- Full memory support of up to 128 gigabyte (GB) total for DDR5 (up to 5,600 megahertz) and DDR4 (up to 3,200 MHz).
- Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) for up to 6x faster internet speeds with no legacy Wi-Fi channel interference.
- The latest in Bluetooth connectivity with Intel® Bluetooth LE Audio and Bluetooth 5.2 supporting up to 2x faster speeds and multiple device connections with lower power consumption.
- Thunderbolt™ 4 support, delivering transfer speeds up to 40 gigabits per second (Gbps) and PC connectivity to multiple 4K monitors and accessories.
- Improved integrated graphics experience based on improved driver stack and key learnings from Intel’s work with discrete graphics.
- Overclocking capabilities on all HX and HK SKUs.
It’s worth noting that besides the new Raptor Lake chips shown at CES 2023, the new mobile processor is the company’s first ever 24-core laptop CPU, a foray into unexplored territory from Intel.
Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer of Microsoft, Panos Panay said “Together with Intel we continue to innovate to deliver powerful PC performance and experiences with Windows 11 and all of the products Intel is announcing today,” with “We’re excited for customers to benefit from substantial optimizations, like improved Windows support for Intel Hybrid Guided Scheduler, and meaningful new experiences, like with the Intel Movidius VPU unlocking a new era of AI acceleration, starting with Windows Studio,” regarding the new processor prowess unveiled at CES 2023.
In the exciting week of CES 2023, Intel has already produced some hot announcements regarding mobile processors (with a MASSIVE fact sheet), and fans should stay tuned for other exciting announcements that will come from the huge Consumer Electronics Show of 2023.