Yesterday evening, Apple hosted a “Wonderlust” Fall event to reveal what’s next in the lineup of Apple products and they delivered a new iPhone 15 pro, and many other devices.
The Wonderlust Fall event is home to many of Apple’s new reveals for the year and Apple brought updates to many. Apple Introduced the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max, Apple Watch Series 9, and Apple Watch Ultra 2 in this massive event, and also revealed some of the details that power each device in the almost one and a half hours of runtime. CGMagazine has readers covered with the devices and the details below.
iPhone 15 & iPhone 15 Plus Key Specifications
- Both phones come in Black, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Pink colourways, with three space options 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB.
- The iPhone 15 (and Plus) features a Super Retina XDR display with a 6.1‑inch (diagonal) all‑screen OLED display with a 2556‑by‑1179-pixel resolution at 460 ppi, whereas the iPhone 15 Plus features a 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR display with 2796‑by‑1290-pixel resolution at 460 ppi.
- The iPhone 15 is powered by an A16 Bionic chip with a 6‑core CPU with 2 performance and 4 efficiency cores, improving upon the iPhone 14‘s A15 chipset.
- Both iPhone models now feature USB Type-C connectivity, removing the need for lightning cables for the iPhone lineup now and in the future.
- iOS 17 is featured on launch with the iPhone 15 and 15 Plus, with previous models getting the update on September 18.
The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus will be up for preorder on September 15, with the official launch coming on September 22.
iPhone 15 Pro & iPhone 15 Pro MAX Key Specifications
- Both the iPhone 15 Pro and the Pro MAX come in Black Titanium, White Titanium, Blue Titanium, Natural Titanium, with four space options 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1 TB. The 15 Pro MAX only has three with 256GB, 512GB and 1 TB
- The iPhone 15 Pro (and Pro MAX) features a Super Retina XDR display with a 6.1‑inch (diagonal) all‑screen OLED display with a 2556‑by‑1179-pixel resolution at 460 ppi, whereas the iPhone 15 Pro MAX features a 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR display with 2796‑by‑1290-pixel resolution at 460 ppi.
- The iPhone 15 Pro is powered by an A17 Pro chip with a New 6‑core CPU with 2 performance and 4 efficiency cores, improving upon the regular iPhone 15 chipset.
Like the iPhone 15, the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro MAX will be up for preorder on the Apple site on September 15, with an official launch following on September 22.
Apple continued the keynote by revealing new entries in the Apple Watch catalogues, with the Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2. Both watch designs feature the new WatchOS 10 for a more seamless and fluid experience, and both watch designs are now carbon neutral.
Both watch designs will be able to utilize the new Apple watch function called “Double Tap,” the new gesture feature lets you control the Series 9 by tapping your thumb and index finger together twice, which can answer calls, play music, stop alarms and more.
All of the devices announced at the exciting Apple Wonderlust event are up for viewing on the official Apple site. Preorders will go live on September 15, and a major launch will follow on September 22.