Electronic Arts and DICE are bringing the Battlefield franchise back to where it all began with Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 1943 by entering the Pacific Theater of WWII. Battlefield V‘s Chapter 5: ‘Enter the Pacific’ will launch on October 31, 2019 with two new playable factions, and three classic maps: Iwo Jima, Pacific Storm, and Wake Island.
The first two classic maps, Iwo Jima and Pacific Storm, will launch with Chapter 5 on October 31, while Wake Island will release later in December. The updated Iwo Jima is a dynamic map that has the U.S. and Japanese forces engaged across wide black beaches and close-range environments. The Pacific Storm map involves more sea combat, and takes players through treacherous weather on a set of islands where they secure control points using boats, tanks, or aircraft.
The full contents of Battlefield V Chapter 5: War in the Pacific include:
- New maps: Iwo Jima, Pacific Storm, and, coming in December, Wake Island.
- New factions: The U.S. and Japan.
- New weapons including the M1 Garand and M1919A6.
- New vehicles including the M4 Sherman tank and the F4U Corsair plane.
- New stationary weapons.
- New gadgets like the Katana and Flamethrower Battle Pickups.
- New Chapter Rewards including weapons, soldier sets, weapon skins, and melee weapons.
For more details on Chapter 5: War in the Pacific, you can read the full blog post from EA here.
For those who haven’t tried Battlefield V, there are two Free Trials weekends coming up on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. The first weekend, Thursday, October 24 to Monday, October 28, will grant new players access to all of Battlefield’s current content through Chapter 4. The new Chapter 5 content will be available during the free trial weekend from Friday, November 1 through Monday, November 4.
Battlefield V is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.