Disney+ is celebrating its two-year anniversary in a big way with a global celebration happening on November 12th, the day the service first launched in 2019, which the company is calling Disney+ Day.
Disney+ subscribers can expect new content releases across the company’s many brands which include Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star in Canada. It isn’t just about content drops as the company says they’ll be releasing a special presentation of what’s coming to Disney’s streaming service in the future. Disney+ subscribers can expect breaking news, first looks, new trailers, exclusive clips, and appearances from creators and stars on November 12th.
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company,” Disney CEO, Bob Chapek said in a statement. “This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses.”
Disney+ Day’s content premieres include:
- Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings – Streaming Premiere
- Jungle Cruise – Available to All Subscribers
- Disney+ Original movie, Home Sweet Home Alone – A Reimagining of the Popular Holiday Franchise
- Olaf Presents – An All-New Original Series of Shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Frozen Fever, Feast, Paperman and Get A Horse! – The Domestic Streaming Debut of Fan Favourite Shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Pixar’s Ciao Alberto – An Animated Short Film featuring characters from Luca
- A New Short from The Simpsons
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum Season 2 – The first five episodes from National Geographic
- Boba Fett Special – Celebrating the Origins and Legacy of Star Wars’ Legendary Bounty Hunter
- Marvel Cinematic Universe Special – An Exciting look towards the future
- Dopesick – An Original Series starring Michael Keaton releasing in Canada on Star
That isn’t the extent of the offerings dropping on the streaming service’s special day as the company notes that more exciting content premieres, consumer offers, and news will be announced leading up to Disney+ Day.