After 4 long years of development, Escape the Mad Empire‘s long-awaited release date is finally on the horizon.
XperimentalZ Games has officially announced the multi-genre game, Escape the Mad Empire for release on PC and early Steam access for 2023.
Escape the Mad Empire marries a plethora of genres that have made a resurgence in recent years. Traditional roguelikes, party-based tactical RPG, the management or base-building RPG, and even a touch of action-RPG elements to give gamers a fresh look at gameplay pretty much during the entirety of the play. The announcement trailer is here in all of its pixelated glory:
The Main features of Escape the Mad Empire include:
- Game loop gameplay, found consistent in rogue-lite procedural dungeon adventures with perma-death on your party.
- An in-depth Campaign Mode that allows the player to manage adventurers and upgrade their base between intense missions.
- A Deep and rich party-based tactical RPG battle system.
- Real-time combat, with Instant-actions on pause which allows for tactical management bridging the gap between real-time and turn-based combat mechanics.
- Hundreds of spells, skills, items or consumables that provide context, with actions and special mechanics that work together for cohesive gameplay
- Boss Battles (of course).
- An Epic Runs Mode (closer that we find in traditional roguelikes)
- An amazing 8-bit sound that reminds the players of old-school dungeon crawlers.
- And assuredly, much more.
A game that ties together features from classic adventures such as Baldur’s Gate II, Darkest Dungeon I, Brogue, and Enter the Gungeon seems like too many ingredients in a salad. However, the trailer shows some promising gameplay that aims to give the player a lot of choices and a ton of gameplay elements.
Players can add Escape the Mad Empire to their Steam wishlist now, or they can follow XperimentalZ Games on Twitter for future updates.