Apple held a press release today that debuted the highly anticipated iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max, and detailed what separates the new flagship smartphones from the rest.
A massive upgrade to the Apple line of smartphones was revealed today, and with the most advanced smartphones Apple has released, comes the specifications behind the improved Ceramic Shield front cover which protects the new devices from dust and most spills. The Apple event revealed the latest flagship smartphones to grace the market powered by iOS, the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max.
First off, when both phones were revealed, their specifications were almost identical. The key difference between the Pro and the Pro Max is the size. 14 Pro sits with the dimension of 6.1″ diagonal all-screen OLED with 2556‑by‑1179-pixel resolution at 460 ppi, and the 14 Pro Max is considerably larger with dimensions of 6.7″ diagonal all‑screen OLED display with 2796‑by‑1290-pixel resolution at 460 ppi. Of course both carry Super Retina XDR to pedal notable contrast, better brightness, and a color gamut to make theaters blush. Both come in Space Black, Silver, Gold, and Deep Purple colourways for optimal personalization.
iPhone 14 Pro Key Features
- Dynamic Island – This software that blurs the line between software and hardware adapts to the user’s preferences, such as showing important alerts and notifications when necessary. The new True Depth camera also doesn’t feel like it takes up most of the display area when in use, making multitasking a breeze. Easier access to user personalized controls has never been simpler with touch and hold functionality, and the kicker is allowing maps and other important information to remain visible.
- Crash Detection and Emergency SOS via satellite – Groundbreaking safety capabilities that allow your iPhone 14 Pro to take the wheel, when a crash occurs. A dual-core accelerometer that is capable of detecting G-force measurements of up to 256Gs, and a new high dynamic range gyroscope allow the iPhone 14 Pro to detect a severe car crash and automatically dial emergency services when a user is unconscious or unable to reach their iPhone. SOS features contact emergency services even outside Wi-Fi range, for the fastest response time.
- A16 Bionic Chip – One of the strongest chips in smartphones, which allows for all-day battery life, and two high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores power the new 6-core CPU to slam through tasks with ease. An accelerated 5-core GPU with 50 percent more memory bandwidth allows the iPhone 14 Pro to run games such as Diablo Immortal and Genshin Impact without breaking a sweat. Running other processes in the background is a cinch also.
- iOS 16 – the latest and greatest iOS to date offers a revamped lock screen, with new widgets that allow multifunctional use without hassle. The powerhouse operating system allows the rest of the iPhone 14 Pro to function at high consistency.
New iPhone 14 Pro Camera System
Apple has given the iPhone 14 Pro a camera facelift, and introduced the new Photonic Engine, which is lead by a professional grade 48MP main camera with a quad-pixel sensor, allowing even videos of 4K quality to be shot.
Key Camera Specs
- A new 12MP Ultra Wide camera with 1.4 µm pixels
- An improved Telephoto camera that offers 3x optical zoom
- A new front TrueDepth camera with an ƒ/1.9 aperture that enables better low-light performance for photos and video
- A new Adaptive True Tone flash that has been completely redesigned with an array of nine LEDs that change pattern based on the chosen focal length
- Powerful computational photography benefits such as Night mode, Smart HDR 4, Portrait mode, Night mode Portrait capability, Photographic Styles, and Apple ProRAW
- A new Action mode for incredibly smooth-looking video that can adjust to any scenario the photographer is in
- Cinematic mode, now available in 4K at 30 fps and 4K at 24 fps
Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, Greg Joswiak said:
Our customers count on their iPhone every day, and with iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, we’re delivering more advancements than any other iPhone. iPhone 14 Pro introduces a camera system that empowers every user — from the casual user to the professional — to take their best photos and video, and innovative new technologies like the Always-On display and the Dynamic Island, which offers new interactions for notifications and activities,
Groundbreaking safety capabilities bring users even more security, offering help when they need it most. And with the incredibly powerful and efficient A16 Bionic chip and all-day battery life, this is the best iPhone yet– Greg Joswiak, Apple
The Apple iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max are the most advanced iPhone’s to date, and their availability is pre-orders will be made available beginning at 5 a.m. PDT on Friday, and September 9, with physical availability beginning Friday, September 16, starting at $1,399 before trade-in for the iPhone 14 Pro, and $1,549 for iPhone 14 Pro Max in Apple stores. Customers can visit the Apple website for more information.