Along with their return to the gaming and hardware world, Mad Catz just announced their new range of R.A.T. gaming mice.
The product line is designed for both adjustability and comfort, and encompasses sensor technology and advanced features like RGB lighting for several of the mice.
“Since previewing our new range of R.A.T. mice at CES 2018, gamers have responded with passion and enthusiasm for the return of the iconic range. We’ve been working hard to ensure that the products do justice to the incredible legacy of the R.A.T. name and are delighted to officially unveil the full range hitting stores later this year,” Selena Chang, Director of Sales and Operations at Mad Catz Global Limited, said.
“The R.A.T. range has always been a beacon of innovation and we’re now confident we have a R.A.T. for every budget and gaming need, each one offering superb value and quality,” she said.
The line includes the following products:
- R.A.T. 1+ — This mouse is built around a lightweight chassis, allowing speed and precision. Running on Mad Catz F.L.U.X. software, it features four programmable buttons and an adjustable palm rest.
- R.A.T. 2+ — This mouse has adjustable RGB lighting, four programmable buttons, an adjustable palm rest, as well as a Pixart PMW 3325 optical sensor to withstand high movement speeds.
- R.A.T. 4+ — This product is designed for precision with its Pixart PMW 3330 optical sensor, as well as OMRON switches. It also has LEDs for multi-zone backlighting.
- R.A.T. 6+ — Customization is key in this mouse, as it has an adjustable palm rest, as well as nine programmable buttons and a removable weight system. It also has Chameleon RGB Intelligent lighting and uses OMRON switches.
- R.A.T. 8+ — This mouse uses the Pixart PMW 3389 optical sensor while having a bunch of customizable features, including an adjustable palm rest and thumb rest, a removable pinkie grip, replacement parts, removable weights, and an on-board memory of up to three profiles.
- R.A.T. Pro S3 — With an emphasis on delivering the essentials for gamers, this mouse is lightweight and ergonomic. It uses the Pixart PMW 3330 sensor along with OMRON switches, an adjustable palm rest that can tilt from side to side, as well as Chameleon RGB lighting.
- R.A.T. Pro X3 — Built with a super-hydrophobic coating for dry hands, this mouse is precision-focused. It also has a scroll wheel system that uses optical technology along with analogue axis capability to calibrate speed and tension. In addition, this mouse is customizable with its adjustable palm rest, thumb rest, pinkie grip, and replacement parts.
In addition to the new mice, Mad Catz Global is also expecting to ship out their new ultra-lightweight E.S.Pro+ Gaming Earbuds soon.
Liked this article and want to read more like it? Check out Zubi Khan’s article on Mad Catz’s return.
Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out the First 15: Fe, Monster Hunter World Beta: the Insatiable Nergigante, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, Star Wars Battlefront II, Sonic Forces + Episode Shadow, and Super Mario Odyssey!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!