This week Brendan, Dayna, Eduard and Jordan chat about their favourite announcements from The Game Awards and touch on a few of the major winners from the event. With the year coming to a close, the cast is joined by Chris to talk about their personal criteria for Game of the Year and who they believe should hold the title of GOTY 2022.
About the Pixels & Ink Podcast Castors:
- Jordan Biordi: Part-time Ninja; when he’s not busy combating the forces of evil, he’s writing articles and making videos on the hilariously mediocre Youtube channel: Ninja-Jordan Reviews.
- Chris De Hoog: A writer and podcaster from Ontario, Chris discovered roleplaying games with Final Fantasy on the NES and has been overthinking them ever since. When he’s not obsessing over Star Wars, you can find him steaming at twitch.tv/guildtwotaps
- Dayna Eileen: Executive Editor and long-time serial gamer, mom of two, aunt to many; she absolutely loves introducing the people she knows to her love for games and nerd culture. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter and Instagram as @thedaynaeileen
- Brendan Frye: Editor-in-Chief of CGMagazine, Brendan is as snarky as he is seasoned in the gaming industry. With over a decade working as a journalist and EIC, he has covered festivals and conferences, interviewed the industry’s biggest names, and is always excited to see how the medium changes with new technology and fresh voices.
- Eduard Gafton: A twenty-something year old from Romania with a deep love for everything to do with JRPGs, Star Wars and Spider-Man. He is also currently a Master’s student interested in topics such as interactive fiction and digital media as a whole.