Grand Theft Auto V will not have a presence at this year’s E3, Take-Two Interactive’s president Karl Slatoff confirmed in an earnings call last night.
According to a transcript via Seeking Alpha—a stock market and financial news website—Slatoff took a moment out of the fiscal year results call to address Rockstar Games and 2K Games’ plans for E3.
“This year, our labels will not have a booth on the show floor,” Slatoff says. “Both Rockstar Games and 2K have decided to focus their marketing and PR efforts on a series of events throughout the spring and summer. Our team, however, will be present at the show, and we look forward to seeing many of you there.”
Slatoff describes his E3 philosophy as having enough interest in the gaming industry conference to actually participate in it. While he understands E3 presents a variety of opportunities for industry workers to network with one another, he says “this year didn’t make sense for us at the same level”.
Grand Theft Auto V would not be the only game that won’t be featured at E3—The Bureau: XCOM Declassified and WWE 2K14 will also not be present. Both games are published by 2K Games, which is a subsidiary of Take-Two.
Last month, Rockstar released a Grand Theft Auto V trailer, which highlighted hopeful protagonists. Rockstar also announced in January the much-anticipated game would be released on September 17 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.