Larian Studios has confirmed that their anticipated title Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be getting an update that adds full voice support for the 1200 characters and creatures present in the game.
That’s over 1 million words and 74,000 lines of dialogue for the title. The massive undertaking has required the aide of 80 voice actors and actresses, all lending their talent in order to bring Divinity: Original Sin 2 to life.
A small excerpt of some of the actors present in the upcoming title has been listed below:
- Harry Hadden-Paton as the Red Prince, a haughty but heroic lizard noble exiled from his own empire.
- Alix Wilton Regan as Sebille, an elven assassin seeking vengeance against the Master who once enslaved her.
- Tamaryn Payne as Lohse, a star musician possessed by an unwelcome – and powerful – visitor.
- Chris Finney as Ifan ben-Mezd, a mercenary ex-soldier on the run from a haunted past.
- Alec Newman as Beast, a rebel-turned-pirate who must save his people from their reckless and tyrannical queen.
Larian Studios has also stated that due to the sheer number of lines, players are encouraged to do multiple playthroughs of Divinity: Original Sin 2 — in order to listen to the full scope of all the dialogue present in the highly anticipated title.
Those unfamiliar with the upcoming game, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a fantasy role playing game that features deep turn-based combat, on top of giving players a branching epic narrative, incentivizing multiple playthroughs of the game.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 launched through the popular crowdfunding site Kickstarter, where it was eventually backed by 40,000 fans. Since then the title has been sitting with an impressive 94% on Steam. The game is a direct sequel to the renowned and award winning Divinity: Original Sin, which itself achieved a Metacritic score of 94.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 will launch on September 14, 2017 For $56.20 CAD and $44.99 USD on Steam. The title is also available on Steam Early Access.