Laser Guided Games LLC — an independent developer made up of industry veterans from Epic Games — and Hollow Earth Inc., the studio responsible for character design in blockbuster Marvel films Spider-Man: Homecoming, Iron Man and the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, are thrilled to announce March 28, 2018, as the formal Windows PC launch date of Golem Gates. This unique dark fantasy game blends elements of real-time strategy (RTS) and collectible card games (CCG).
In Golem Gates, players collect cards (called Glyphs) and strategically weave them into a deck to prepare for battle. Battles are fast-paced and highly tactical with streamlined resource management to keep the focus on the unrelenting action. Through Steam Early Access players can currently take their glyph decks online in various competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes. At launch the game will also include a complete single-player story campaign. Golem Gates delivers both intense combat and strategy, blending multiple genres for a truly unique experience.
“With Golem Gates, we set out to create a high-concept game that evolves the collectible card game genre by merging its most appealing elements with those of fast-paced real-time strategy games,” said Matt Oelfke, Founder and Lead Developer at Laser Guided Games. “By combining calculated deck building and furious real-time combat, Golem Gates adds multiple layers of depth, while remaining accessible to newcomers and long-standing fans of both genres.”
“The world of Golem Gates is a dark and mysterious one, scarred by wars and corrupted by ancient technology,” said Josh Nizzi, Head of Hollow Earth Inc. “Golem Gates’ original premise and mashup of strategy genres make it a standout experience that we can’t wait to continue to build upon with the fan feedback.”
Golem Gates is set in a desolate land ravaged by ancient wars where you play as the Harbinger, an outcast with the ability to manipulate and command nanites from The Ash — a leftover power manifesting itself in your barren world’s atmosphere. Ancient warrior machines spawn from Golem Gates while an unseen force compels you to take up arms. Wielding the power hidden within The Ash, you’ll battle the golems and unravel the mysteries surrounding their long-lost creators.
- Dynamic Diversity: Create your own unique battle plan to counter your opponents with nearly 100 collectible card game inspired Glyphs, including units, buildings, traps, buffs, debuffs and techs, that provide nearly limitless strategy options.
- Multiple Modes: Experience the evolving story of Golem Gates’ single-player campaign and take the fight online with friends in cooperative and survival-based modes.
- May the RNG Gods Smile Upon You: Randomized Glyph drawing puts a slightly different spin on every battle by eliminating monotonous build sequences, while rewarding deck building mastery and strategic planning chops in equal measure.
- Streamlined Strategy: Build and enhance your forces with Glyphs; no production or research buildings are needed. Capture resources in King of the Hill style skirmishes without dedicated gathering units and keep your focus where it belongs — on the battle.
- Fight Where You Have Sight: Glyphs can be played almost anywhere you have an existing presence. Add more forces to a battle to turn the tide, transform a scouting party into an army, place emergency defenses to respond to the enemy or hide an outpost in a direction the enemy doesn’t expect. The choices are yours, but beware: the enemy will do the same and with the right Glyph, your forces can be destroyed as quickly as they were created.
CGM Newswire is a subsidiary of CGMagazine. For more information, visit our page here.
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!
Check out some of our latest news, reviews, and features including Brendan Frye’s Google Pixelbook Review and our IT Blu-Ray Giveaway Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out the First 15 – Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Forza Motorsport 7, and Cuphead!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!