[PRESS RELEASE] Innovative new real-time strategy game puts you in command
of your unique fighting force
Award-winning international games label Team17 today announced that it has partnered with Westwood Studios and Command & Conquer veterans Petroglyph Games to bring Forged Battalion, an innovative and dynamic take on the classic RTS genre, to Steam Early Access in early 2018.
In Forged Battalion players will build and customize their own unique faction as they fight in a variety of skirmish, solo, and multiplayer battles. They are not only a commander, but also an engineer – so they have ultimate control over their faction’s units, factories, superweapons and economy.
Towards the end of the 21st century, the effects of climate change have devastated the world and a military force called “The Collective” has spread across the globe. As part of the resistance group against this aggressive enemy, it’s time for you to join the fight!
Manage, customize and develop the blueprints of your emerging faction to create ever-evolving factories and units. Using resources gained in battle, you’ll unlock new options through the metagame tech tree allowing you to choose the archetype, armor, locomotor, weapons, and special abilities such as stealth and regeneration that will make your faction one of a kind. As more technology is unlocked, your designs become more advanced and ultimately, you will have access to the most powerful options, including an array of deadly superweapons to launch against your foes.
- Forge Your Faction – Modify every unit chassis (Infantry, Light Vehicle, Heavy Vehicle, Aircraft) with a host of weapons, support and locomotor types. Add regenerative armor to your light vehicle, or add an anti-tank gun to your aircraft. Adapt to every situation, and every opponent.
- Persistent Tech tree – Each battle you fight, in each mode, contributes towards your faction’s technology upgrades with different science paths; advancing the tech tree unlocks blueprints.
- A dynamic story campaign – The resistance needs you to forge a new force to be reckoned with. Play through an exciting story campaign that will test your ability to react and adapt to the increasing threat of the ‘The Collective’.
- Online multiplayer – Join up to seven other players in a variety of online multiplayer modes for intense tactical co-operative and versus action on dedicated servers.
- Steam Workshop support
Though the Command & Conquer veterans are hugely experienced in the genre, the team at Petroglyph want building Forged Battalion to be a truly collaborative process with real-time strategy fans and is anticipating that the game will be in Early Access for approximately six months.
Planned Early Access Launch Content:
- At least five Campaign missions comprising the first act of a multi-act storyline
- At least five Skirmish maps supporting up to eight players
- Multiple Skirmish game modes including HQ Destruction and Annihilation
- Dedicated servers to support multiplayer
Forged Battalion will be entering Steam Early Access in early 2018
About Team17 Digital Ltd
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital Limited is a leading international games label that hosts The Escapists, Genesis Alpha One, Overcooked, Yoku’s Island Express, Yooka-Laylee, the Worms franchise, Aven Colony and many more from developers around the world. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
About Petroglyph Studios
Based in Las Vegas, Petroglyph has over 50 employees with many executive staff coming from Westwood Studios, creators of Command & Conquer. They’ve been responsible for a range of tactical and strategic PC games including Star Wars: Empire at War, Grey Goo and the recent ‘8-Bit’ RTS series.
About Forged Battalion
Developed by Petroglyph. © 2017. Forged Battalion and Petroglyph are trademarks or registered trademarks of Petroglyph. Published by Team17. © 2017. Team17 is a registered trademark of Team17 Digital Limited. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners.
CGM Newswire is a subsidiary of CGMagazine. For more information, visit our page here.
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!
Check out some of our latest news, reviews, and features including Why Rick and Morty Fans Are Ruining Rick and Morty (Including Me), Golf Story (Switch) Review – A Must Play RPG About the Most Boring Sport of All Time, and Fight’N Rage (PC) Review: Mandatory Brawling!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!