For those who never played the original release of Resident Evil 3, or those with foggy memories, Capcom has unveiled a new spotlight trailer to showcase the heroes and villains of the third Resident Evil game which will be released on April 3, 2020.
As you might expect, the game focuses on Jill Valentine as the central protagonist, however, she’s joined by a rather large cast of characters including allies, enemies, and bloodthirsty zombies. Some of the characters highligted in today’s cinematic trailer include Carlos Oliveira, the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service (U.B.C.S.) platoon, the Hunter, and Nemesis.
While Nemesis’s new look was teased during the Resident Evil 3 reveal trailer back in December, the new trailer (and accompanying screenshot) focuses on how devastating an enemy Nemesis truly can be as he hunts Jill with an arsenal of heavy duty weapons, like a flamethrower and a laser-guided rocket launcher for peak overkill potential. And of course, every time Jill defeats Nemesis, the bioweapon just comes back stronger than ever.
As for Jill’s unofficial partner, Carlos Oliveira is a U.B.C.S. member proficient with various weapons and trained to fly small aircraft. Carlos and his team arrived in Raccoon City expecting an easy evacuation mission, but were quickly overwhelmed. The new cinematic trailer depicts Carlos’ story just moments before players take control of him throughout Resident Evil 3.
Other characters who received a spotlight in today’s trailer includes:
- Brad Vickers – One of the sole survivors from Resident Evil’s Mansion Incident, Vickers helped with the investigations into Umbrella Corp. He is one of the last surviving members of S.T.A.R.S. in Raccoon City.
- Mikhail Victor – The U.B.C.S. platoon’s commanding officer, Mikhail was seriously injured in his team’s mission to evacuate survivors from Raccoon City.
- Nicholai Ginovaef – U.B.C.S. team leader, is resilient, cold and calculating. Nicholai dismisses Jill as a “bleeding heart” who will get herself killed.
- Tyrell Patrick – U.B.C.S. member skilled at hacking and disabling security devices. Tyrell provides invaluable support from behind the lines.
- Murphy Seeker – U.B.C.S. member and former U.S. Marine sniper. Like Mikhail, he also gets seriously injured during the Raccoon City mission.
- Dario Rosso – A civilian reeling from the shock of losing his family. Dario rejects Jill’s pleas to escape the crumbling city.
- Hunter enemy – Both Jill and Carlos will encounter this terrifying new monster in Resident Evil 3. These bioweapons were created by combining the genetic material of humans and reptiles, creating an incredibly fast and powerful adversary.
Resident Evil 3 will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam on April 3, 2020.