Rugby 22 will be available on consoles and PC on January 27, 2022!
Lesquin, January 13th, 2022 – NACON and Eko Software are pleased to unveil a new gameplay video of Rugby 22, the new opus of the reference franchise of the rugby games, which will be released on January 27, 2022 on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC. The presence of the Top 14, the Pro D2 and the United Rugby Championship is also confirmed. Fans will find all the clubs of these leagues, with their players and their official jerseys.
Watch the gameplay video of Rugby 22 here:
In this video, you can see the new features of the game that will delight the fans of the discipline.
- Optimized in-game controls
Redesigned for an even more responsive and intuitive game experience, Rugby 22 integrates a new control system to play touches, rucks and mauls like a real oval ball professional!
- An improvement of the AI behavior
For an even more enjoyable simulation experience, the AI has been optimized by the EKO Software teams to adapt even better to the tactical choices of the players. Your players will position themselves and react in a more realistic way, while your opponents will make better choices.
- A new, more complex difficulty mode
Finally, a new difficulty mode has been added to offer players a more solid opposition and a more difficult challenge once they have mastered the game.
Rugby 22 offers players all the elements that make up modern rugby: recognized official teams, tactical changes before and during the match, pod play options, passing after contact and combinations. All rugby fans will find the fundamentals of the sport in the game.
Visual of the 3 official leagues:
Reminder of the features of RUGBY 22:
- Play with your favorite team – Rugby 22 integrates the vast majority of major national teams, with their players and official jerseys: New Zealand, Australia, France, Fiji, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, Wales, Japan and Georgia.
- Take the field, alone or with others – Play alone or in multiplayer, local and online, through different game modes that offer even more realistic gameplay!
- Explore Career Mode – Create your own club in Career Mode, climb the ranks, build your dream team and compete with the best teams in the world!
- Play like the pros – Enjoy an ever more realistic rugby simulation with real tactical depth. Play as a pod, set your wing positions, define your defense, and make clever combinations to get the better of your opponent.
- Authentic experience – Rugby 22 offers a real rugby experience with animations that closely resemble the real players’ movements thanks to motion capture technology, all in the art of rugby for an intense experience.
- Train – With new in-game tutorials, learn the basics of the sport and train to become the best player!
Rugby 22 will be available on the 27th January 2022 on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC.
Add Rugby 22 to your Steam wishlist
Find all the assets of Rugby 22 here
NACON is a company of the BIGBEN Group founded in 2019 to optimize its know-how through strong synergies in the video game market. By bringing together its 14 development studios, the publishing of AA video games, the design and distribution of premium gaming devices, NACON focuses 20 years of expertise at the service of players. This new unified business unit strengthens NACON’s position in the market and enables it to innovate by creating new unique competitive advantages. https://corporate.nacongaming.com/
About Eko Software
Established in 1999, Eko Software is an independent game developer and publisher based in Paris, France. Eko Software develops games for all major gaming platforms (consoles, PC, Smart TVs). Focused primarily on development and content creation, the company develops games for top publishers and creates new IPs that are published in partnership with worldwide publishers or self-published through digital distribution channels. IPs created by Eko include Aqua Panic!, Wanted Corp., SPRay, and How to Survive. For more information on Eko Software and its products, please visit www.ekosystem.com.