Gears of War fans should start saving their money if they plan on getting the newly announced Epic Edition.
If you’re thinking that $60 isn’t enough for the upcoming Gears of War 3, Epic Games has you covered. The studio has unveiled a Limited Edition and an Epic Edition for Gears of War 3, and both come loaded with a bunch of offbeat stuff including a Last Will and Testament, a statue, an art book, some DLC, and much more.
The two special editions include:
Limited Edition ($79.99)
- An Octus award box with Octus service medal: A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn. Dimensions: 77 mm (3 in.) x 10 mm (0.4 in.)
- Exclusive unlockable Adam Fenix multiplayer character: Each Octus service medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
- A fabric COG Flag: Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.
- The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his “Last Will and Testament,” the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.
Epic Edition ($149.99)
- A limited edition Marcus Fenix statue: Designed by Epic Games art director Chris Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC statue collectible makes the ultimate living room centerpiece for any true Gears fan. Dimensions: height 285 mm (11.2 in.), diameter 225 mm (8.9 in.), weight: 1.7 kg (3.7 lb.)
- “The Art and Design of Gears of War” by Tom Bissell: Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.
- Infected Omen weapon pack: Custom multiplayer skins for the game’s five starting weapons — Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.
- All the contents of the Gears of War 3 Limited Edition.