The annual Game Devs of Color Expo is right around the corner, and for 2023, the eighth annual conference will be held online, featuring panels, interviews and more gaming goodness.
Since before the pandemic, the Game Devs of Color Expo has been held in the Schomburg Center in Harlem, New York, but last year, the expo was held online, and 2023 seeks to follow suit. The expo features insightful talks, interviews, panels, and most importantly, game announcements from developers around the world. The GDoCExpo mission is to “amplify the creative power held by people of colour in games.”
The 2023 Game Devs of Color Expo will kick off the exciting three-day event on September 27 at 1 p.m. EST with the GDoCExpo Direct which is a showcase of more than 30 new game announcements on the official GDoCExpo YouTube channel. Luckily for fans who have missed out, or newcomers, that very YouTube channel can be used to catch up on everything GDoCExpo in their video library. There will also be a returning GDoCExpo Steam sale that includes demos and steep discounts for gaming bargain hunters.
2023 Game Devs of Color Expo Online Notable Developer Speakers
- Super Space Club – Graham Reid
- Gaucho and the Grassland – Rodrigo “Rods” Moreira Neves, Vitoria Ramos, Ivan Sendin Silveira, Gustavo Scandiuzzi da Silveira
- Candle Knight – Hugo Laviada, Hector Parra, Mario Vallarta
- Skator Gator 3D – Ryan Huggins
- Fishbowl – Rhea Gupte, Prateek Saxena
- A Space for the Unbound – Dimas Novan D.
- THE SPIRIT LIFT – Miko Charbonneau, Ryako (Mel Ciriaco), Audrey Twigg
- Rhythm Towers – Spencer Beckford (No Pronouns)
- Wrestling With Emotions 2: New Kid on the Block – Crystal Ball, Junior Elvis Washington Laidley, Catherine Saint Jude Pretorius
The 2023 Game Devs of Color Expo Online will take place from September 27 until September 30 and the full schedule can be found on the official website. Tickets are still available, and you can head here to see how to get yours!