Final Fantasy is no stranger when it comes to amnesiac storylines and Final Fantasy 14 has just jumped on that train with their next major patch called Buried Memory due to release in August.
On July 1st, Square Enix dropped a bombshell of a 71st live letter to Final Fantasy 14 fans everywhere, anticipating what’s next for the blockbuster MMO’s future. Although last month the masters behind FFXIV refused to announce a release date, fans now have a release window.
Although ‘late August 2022’ isn’t exactly a concrete date to mark on your calendar, the light is at the end of the tunnel regarding the exciting update. The special site just went live this morning regarding the update — like the MANY before 6.2 — and it has revealed a wealth of new info. Although the cement has barely hardened on the last 6.1 patch ‘Newfound Adventure,’ fans will be able to engage in brand-new story quests in what feels like no time.
Final Fantasy 14 Patch 6.2 Buried Memory Additions
- New Main Scenario Quests
- New High-end Raid – Pandæmonium: Abyssos
- Island Sanctuary
- New Dungeon – The Fell Court of Troia
- New Trial
- The First Variant Dungeon – The Sil’dihn Subterrane (Patch 6.25)
- The First Criterion Dungeons – Another Sil’dihn Subterrane and Another Sil’dihn Subterrane (Savage) (Patch 6.25)
- New Unreal Trial – Containment Bay S1T7
- Main Scenario Revisions
- Tataru’s Grand Endeavor
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (Patch 6.25)
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Manderville Weapons (Patch 6.25)
- New Tribe Quests – The Omicrons (Patch 6.25)
- Adventurer Plates (Official Release)
- Allagan Tomestones of Causality
- New Crafting Recipes
- New Mounts, Minions, and Emotes
- New Fashion Accessories
This is a big drop for FFXIV on what seems to be another victory lap for the world’s most popular MMO RPG, with near 1.5 million players logging in every day Fans looking for more Final Fantasy 14 goodness can fast travel over to the Lodestone for more information.