Square Enix held the 71st live letter for Final Fantasy XIV today, detailing a host of changes and new content coming to the game with patch 6.2, titled Buried Memories.
First off, there’s no confirmed date for the upcoming patch, but director Naoki Yoshida did say it’s expected to arrive in late August. Of course, the first addition is a series of brand new Main Scenario Quests. Unfortunately, we don’t know anything about it outside the fact it’ll introduce a mysterious new NPC, which you can see in the screenshot below.
The MSQ will introduce a new dungeon called The Fell Court of Troia, and a new unnamed Trial.
There are multiple side quests also being updated, including Tataru’s Grand Adventure, the next step of the Pandemonium raid, and Somehow Further Hildabrand Adventure, which will even introduce new legendary Manderville weapons.
The other major addition in 6.2 is the highly-anticipated Island Sanctuary feature. In this mode, players will gather materials to build a base and care for a variety of creatures and minions. It’s a laid-back mode that’s accessible to anyone, as you don’t need to have levelled any kind of crafting or gathering classes. The items you collect on the island are also exclusive to the island, and won’t clutter your main inventory.
See other Final Fantasy XIV additions below:
- Omicron Tribal Quests – Crafter and Gathers get new Tribals quests.
- Job Changes for PvE and PvP – changes haven’t been detailed yet
- New Unreal Trial for Sephirot
- New Dungeon saga called Criterion will start, and continue in 6.4 and 6.5.
- New Duty Support Dungeons added – Duty support for Snowcloak, The Keeper of the Lake, Sohm Al, The Aery, and The Vault.
- The Steps of Faith will now be a solo quest battle
- Thornmarch duty is getting a revamp
- Adventurer Plates and Portraits update – New poses, decorative features, camera and pose settings, and more.
- Glamour dresser capacity increased from 400 to 800
- Return to Ivalice quests “Makin’ Bacon (Bread)” and “Wok on By” removed
- New high-IL crafted gear
- Rare materials added to aetherial reductions for miners, botanists, and fishers
- Branching view of combo actions
- Allagan Tomestones of Causality added as the top-end currency