Final Fantasy XIV’s (FFXIV) latest Letter From the Producer Live provided a wealth of new titles on Patch 6.2, including a release date of August 23 and a new trailer.
Titled “Buried Memory,” the new patch will continue the Main Scenario Quest of FFXIV, adding on a new dungeon and trial in the process. Here’s the official description of the new MSQ from the patch’s special site,
“Five millennia ago, the great wyrm Azdaja vanished into the void, and for long years Vrtra had despaired of being reunited with his dear sister. With the encouragement of his people, however, he has found the resolve to search for her, and sets forth with the Warrior of Light for a world engulfed in Darkness…”
The biggest new feature, however, is the long-awaited Island Sanctuary, which the development team has been teasing for months.
With Island Sanctuary each player will get their own instanced island that provides a new take on FFXIV’s gameplay. The island is intended to be a laid-back experience that lets players farm crops, craft items and buildings, undertake unique quests, and interact with their minions that roam the island.
Patch 6.2 will also continue the questlines for Tataru’s Grand Endeavor, and introduce the next step of the Pandemonium raid series. While those are the highlights, here’s an overview of all the various additions and changes coming to FFXIV with Buried Memory.
- New Main Scenario Quests
- New Tataru’s Grand Endeavor Quests
- New Dungeon – The Fell Court of Troia
- New Trial
- Variant Dungeon – the Sil’dihn Subterrane
- Criterion Dungeon – Another Sil’dihn Subterrane
- New Unreal Trial – Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal)
- Island Sanctuary
- The official release of Adventurer Plates
- New Tribal Quests for Omicrons – Disciples of the Land
- Main Scenario Changes – Duty support for Snowcloak, The Keeper of the Lake, Sohm Al, The Aery, and The Vault.
- Main Scenario Changes – The Steps of Faith converted to a solo instanced scenario.
- Thornmarch duty has been revamped.
- New currency – Allagan Tomestones of Causality
- New Crafting Recipes
- New Mounts, Minions, and Emotes
- New Fashion Accessories
Final Fantasy XIV is currently available on PC, PS4, and PS5.