Fresh off the heels of the latest Live Letter, Square Enix has provided a wealth of new details about Final Fantasy XIV’s Patch 6.3, which releases on January 10, 2023.
Patch 6.3 promises some interesting pieces of new content along with some massive changes, with the most notable being a huge rework for Paladins.
The goal for the rework is to improve the usability of certain actions, and by and large, this means shortening the class’ “rotation” and adding in more high-powered actions. Here’s a quick overview of some of the major changes.
- Goring Blade and Blade of Valor lose DoT aspect
- New effect “Divine Might” gets applied after weaponskill combos, and allows you to instantly cast an enhanced Holy Spirit.
- Holy Sheltron changed from damage-blocking to damage reduction
- Bulwark ability is coming back
Of course, if you don’t play Paladin, you’ll mostly be interested in the smattering of new content coming with Patch 6.3. There are, of course, new story quests, a new story dungeon, and a new trial. The new dungeons is called Lapis Manalis, and here’s the basic description from Square Enix,
“In pursuit of voidsent, you learn of an abandoned village in the mountains of Garlemald where Garleans once practiced the reaper arts. But what will you find there deep in the heart of the mountain?”
The other notable addition, however, is the continuation of the Myths of the Realm Alliance Raid, with the second step of the series. There’s a host of other new content, which we’ll sum up below.
- New Side Story Quests – Tataru’s Grand Endeavor
- Treasure Hunt – The Shifting Gymnasion Agonon
- New Ultimate Raid – The Omega Protocol
- New Unreal Trial – Containment Bay P1T6
- Island Sanctuary Update – new landmarks, animals, sanctuary rank, and items.
- New Crystalline Conflict Arena
- Duty Support for six more dungeons – Great Gubal Library, Aetherochemical Research Facility, the Antitower, Sohr Khai, Xelphatol, and Baelsar’s Wall.
- Housing Update – New neighborhoods coming to Mist, Lavender Beds, the Goblet, Shirogane, and Empyreum.
For even more details on Final Fantasy XIV: Patch 6.3, head over to the official website. Final Fantasy XIV is currently available on PC, PS4, and PS5.