The Pokémon Company has had a massive year with Scarlet & Violet and new TCG sets, but the end of the year has a December Community Day event with a new anime news announcement.
The time has come again to say goodbye to the year 2022 and welcome in a new one. As with each year, Pokémon Go unsheathes an event that attaches all the year’s Community Day Events into a massive weekend that allows fans that may have missed an event a second shot at catching the usually hard-to-find monsters. But first, Pokémon has unleashed a brand-new trailer for their next anime project in a post-Ash-as-League Champion world. The trailer can be seen below.
The actual final chapter in the Ash and Pikachu anime story is coming with an announced 11 episode season after a 25-season long tenure bringing an end to Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series. The smaller season starts airing in Japan on January 13, 2023. The trailer ends with a VERY brief teaser for a newer story featuring two main protagonists named Liko and Roy in the Japanese version, and it will cover adventures in the newest Scarlet & Violet region of Paldea. Notably, a Rayquaza from the third generation of Pokémon makes an appearance in its shiny variant form which can lead to speculation but no other info has been given at this time.
Pokémon Go December 17 & 18 Community Day Event
The Community Day event weekend this year will feature monsters not only from 2022, but from 2021 as well, and will have different spawns on either day. Both events start at 2 p.m. local time and conclude at 5 p.m. local time. Every monster below can evolve and learn special moves coinciding with the events run time, and of course, trainers can find a boosted shiny variant spawn rate in the wild for all the creatures listed.
December 17 Featured Pokémon
- Sandshrew and Alolan Sandshrew, which will evolve into Sandslash that knows the Night Slash charged attack, or an Alolan Sandshrew that evolves into Alolan Sandslash that learns the Shadow Claw fast attack.
- Alolan Geodude which evolves into an Alolan Golem that learns the fast attack Rollout.
- Hoppip which evolves into a Jumpluff that learns the charged attack Acrobatics.
- Spheal that evolves into Walrein which learns the fast attack Powder Snow and the charged attack Icicle Spear.
- Stufful which evolves into Bewear that learns the charged attack Drain Punch.
December 18 Featured Pokémon
- Teddiursa which evolves into Ursaluna during the full moon times of 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 17, 2022, to 6:00 a.m. on Sunday, December 18, 2022, and from 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 18, 2022, to 9:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 18, 2022, which knows the charged attack High Horsepower.
- Galarian Zigzagoon which evolves into Obstagoon that can learn the charged attack Obstruct.
- Starly that evolves into Staraptor that learns the fast attack Gust.
- Roggenrola to evolve into Gigalith that knows the charged attack Meteor Beam.
- Litwick that evolves into Chandelure that knows the charged attack Poltergeist.
- Deino that evolves into Hydreigon that knows Brutal Swing.
Besides the listed Pokémon above, Bulbasaur, Dratini and Mudkip will also be available in wild catches, except they’ll be more rare and can be caught at anytime during the weekend. One-star raids will also play host to a wealthy list of community day monsters with Machop, Eevee, Roselia, Swablu, Duskull, Shinx, Gible, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Fletchling appearing with boosted shiny odds during the event runtime. They will also carry unique attacks if evolved during the event, with each Eevee evolution getting a unique move such as Flareon learning the charged attack Superpower. The Pokémon Go team also listed notable bonuses during the event:
The massive end of the year event runs this weekend, and fans who want to read the rest of the exciting information can swing over to the Pokémon Go website.