Underwater, Open World Adventure Game Launches on Steam and Arc
Today, Unknown Worlds Entertainment, the independent developer andpublisher known for Natural Selection and Natural Selection 2, announced Subnautica has now officially launched on Steam and the Arc platform. The underwater, open worldadventure game tasks players with exploring a vast alien ocean, while trying to survive mysterious creatures who lurk far beneath the surface. More than 1.5 million players have explored Subnautica since Unknown Worlds Entertainment originally released the first prototype in 2014. The game is now officially out of Early Access and available on Steam and Arc for $24.99.
“Since the game’s beta release in 2014, Subnautica has received waves of positive and constructive feedback from our dedicated players,” said Charlie Cleveland, Co-Founder and Game Director at Unknown Worlds Entertainment. “The team is grateful to the community for the overwhelming support. We are proud to deliver an experience that gamers of all ages will dive into and immediately feel the thrill of exploration and survival in an expansive undersea world.”
Subnautica invites players to descend into the depths of an alien underwater world filled with wonder and peril. Explorers can craft equipment, interact with wildlife and pilot watercraft to explore coral reefs, volcanoes and caves, all while trying to survive. Key features of the game include:
Dive into a Vast Underwater World
- After crash landing on an uncharted world, players navigate a wide array of ocean biomes in search of answers. From sun-drenched coral reefs to deep-sea trenches, the surroundings and life forms change as explorers delve deeper – posing new threats.
Scavenge, Craft and Survive
- The adventure begins in an emergency Life Pod, where players must immediately find water, food and resources, then venture forth to discover blueprints and materials for more advanced equipment to increase their chances of survival.
Construct Underwater Habitats
- Survivors choose from a number of modules and components to build a custom underwater base, adding furnishings, vehicle bays, observatory chambers and more. As players dive deeper, pressure increases, so they must manage the strength of their base hull to stay safe.
Unravel the Mystery
- Never-before-seen architecture, a mysterious disease affecting sea life and secrets await in the deep. Players will discover the truth behind their crash landing and seek the means to escape the planet
Play Your Way
- Subnautica allows players to explore the ocean and manage health, hunger and hydration in Survival mode; endure the pressure of only ONE life and no O2 alerts in Hardcore mode or, unleash
their inner visionary in Creative mode – which allows them freedom to explore the ocean and build bases with no health upkeep or resource costs.