Today, during Computex 2018 in Taipei, AMD took the opportunity to showcase their latest 7nm Radeon Vega GPU line and the 12nm 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper range of products.
Other big announcements include four major EPYC milestones, the immediate availability of EPYC processors through Tencent Cloud Services, a new HPE single-socket system and details surrounding the next-generation 7nm EPYC processor, codenamed “Rome,” which, AMD promises to begin sampling in 2H 2018.
“At Computex 2018 we demonstrated how the strongest CPU and GPU product portfolio in the industry gets even stronger in the coming months,” said AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su. “Our upcoming 7nm and 12nm products build on the momentum of our Ryzen, Radeon and EPYC processors, positioning AMD to lead the next generation of high-performance computing in markets from premium devices and gaming to machine learning and the datacenter.”
AMD also took the time to highlight some upcoming laptops that will feature the latest AMD based chipsets. The list of laptops on display can be viewed below:
- Acer Predator Helios 500 notebook, Predator Orion 5000 desktop and Nitro 50 gaming desktop
- ASUS VivoBook X505ZA and X570ZD notebooks
- Dell’s latest Inspiron series including Inspiron 13” 7000 2-in-1, Inspiron 15” 5000 notebooks and Inspiron 7000 gaming desktop
- HP Envy x360 13” and Envy x360 15” notebooks
- Huawei MateBook D 14” notebook
- Lenovo Yoga 530, IdeaPad 530S, 330S and 330 notebooks
Desktop users were also introduced to AMD’s latest line of Motherboards, specifically the AMD B450 chipset-based motherboard range. Optimized for 2nd generation Ryzen desktop processors, the B450 chipset has been designed to offer the perfect balance between features, performance and value.
Some quotes from third-party vendors that are onboard with AMD can be read below:
In terms of graphics cards, the AMD Radeon Vega line of GPUs had a large presence during the event, with AMD showcasing for the first time, a Vega-based GPU built specifically for professionals and data centre applications.
The Vega based architecture will come to both server and workstation form factors for key compute use cases in 2H 2018. The full list of AMD GPUs can be viewed below:
- Radeon™ RX Vega56 “nano” graphics card from PowerColor that enables small form factor enthusiast gaming performance,
- the latest Radeon FreeSync™ technology adoption with Samsung’s 80” QLED TV for tear-free and smooth gameplay directly from a Radeon™ RX graphics card equipped PC or with an Microsoft Xbox One™ S or Xbox One™ X console,
- Freesync support with HDR[i] now available in Ubisoft’s recently launched and popular AAA game Far Cry® 5.
AMD also revealed several new ventures within their EPYC processor line, which can be read below:
- The company’s first ever Cisco UCS server engagement in Cisco’s highest density offering ever with 128% more cores, 50% more servers, and 20% more storage per rack[ii].
- The all new HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 one socket server for virtualization and software-defined storage applications with up to 27% lower cost per virtual machine than the leading two-socket competitor.[iii]
- Immediate availability of the EPYC based SA1 Tencent Cloud Service
- The next generation 7nm EPYC processor, codenamed “Rome” and featuring Zen2 architecture, is now running in AMD labs and will begin sampling to customers in the second half of this year, ahead of launch in 2019.
Liked this article and want to read more like it? Check out Zubi Khan’s coverage of the Asus Those who Dare event during Computex 2018
Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out the First 15: Fe, Monster Hunter World Beta: the Insatiable Nergigante, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, Star Wars Battlefront II, Sonic Forces + Episode Shadow, and Super Mario Odyssey!
Don’t forget to tune in every Friday the Pixels & Ink Podcast to hear the latest news, previews, and in-depth game discussions!
CGMagazine is Canada’s premiere comics and gaming magazine. Subscribe today to get the best of CGM delivered right to your door! Never miss when a new issue goes live by subscribing to our newsletter! Signing up gives you exclusive entry into our contest pool. Sign up once, you’ll have a chance to win! Sign up today!