This year has kept gamers guessing, with many titles being pushed back into 2022. Despite timeline struggles, 2021 brought a massive number of titles to digital and physical storefronts. The industry continues pushing what we have come to expect from graphics, audio and story, particularly thanks to the launch of the most recent series of consoles, the PS5 and Xbox Series S|X.
In past years, CGMagazine’s Game of the Year was selected by the staff alone, with Hades winning the award in 2020. This year, the number of gamers out there has risen yet again, and we think it is time to hear from our audience, giving part of the GOTY vote to you! The CGM staff has selected our top 10 Game of the Year nominees, and we need your votes to help crown our 2021 winner. Make sure to vote below, and don’t forget to check back here on January 16th, 2022, to find out who wins CGM Game of the Year 2021!
GAME OF THE YEAR
- Have grapple will triumphDec 6, 2021 | Khari Taylor
- A Tale of After School God Slaying and Demon DemonishingNov 4, 2021 | Zubi Khan
- A Force Of NatureNov 4, 2021 | Philip Watson
- A Golden Age of RTSOct 25, 2021 | Hayes Madsen
- A Modern Look at a Classic SeriesOct 6, 2021 | Joe Findlay
- Home is Where the Heart isSep 8, 2021 | Hayes Madsen
- Draw, Dog!Jul 18, 2021 | Jordan Biordi
- A Blast of Cold Metal and Warm FuzziesJun 8, 2021 | Zubi Khan
- Capcom keeps winning in its gamble for fresh frightsMay 5, 2021 | Clement Goh
- Taking the Series to Newfound HeightsMar 31, 2021 | Cole Watson