Mediatonic, the developers behind Fall Guys has released a full breakdown for Season 2 of the bean-filled game.
What is better than the beans in Fall Guys? More bean action, of course! Mediatonic announced today that Fall Guys Season 2 will be coming out this week—the space theme will be called “Satellite Scramble.” A cinematic trailer was released alongside the announcement, showing the little colourful guys in pandemonium aboard a satellite.
The developers noted how Season 1: Free For All was “a Jupiter-sized success” and was named after its soft relaunch back in June. The first Fall Guys hint at the space theme for the next season was in last week’s event, “Satellite Repair Mission.” With the satellite finally repaired, the beans are ready to take on their next adventure.
The details outlined how the beans of Blunderdome would be leaving their home planet in search of adventure through space. This would entail players taking on new Challenges with new Costumes as Solos, Duos and Squads will be revamped with “space-themed variations.” With all new challenges also comes new rewards, which will include this list and their cost:
- Space Bean Nickname – 200 Points
- 200 Kudos – 300 Points
- Satellite Explorer Nameplate – 500 Points
- Space Icons Pattern – 800 Points
- Satellite Backpack – 1000 Points
A new season in Fall Guys also means a new season pass will be coming out as well. The Season Pass will also be space-themed with 100+ levels containing Costumes, Emotes, and Celebration unlocks. The highlighted Costumes will include Spock, Xenomorph and Hatsune Miku. Even if players do not snag a Season Pass, there will also be a free progression path available.
The biggest detail drop was the brief summary of the new Rounds in Season 2. This also means new obstacles which was said to include Ion Thrusters, Hover Platforms and Trolleybots. Here is a list of all the new Rounds with a sneak peek:
- Tiptoe Finale — Four squads will be hashing it out to victory by tiptoeing their way to the arena’s middle area to reach the Crown. First to reach the Crown wins, but players must be careful of falling off (as the name of the game implies).
- Starchart — Players will be walking along invisible paths to reach the end by stepping on buttons to reveal the right path. There are hints, but the trick is learning to decipher them.
- Pixel Painters — A Round where players will hop on tiles to match the pattern visible to all players.
- Cosmic Highway — This Round will test players’ platforming abilities as they hop across rows of moving platforms, staying aware that every step could be their last.
- Hyperdrive Heroes — A spiritual successor to the Round from Season 1 where players have to stay on their hoverboards until the finish line without falling off. The challenge is that the hoverboard moves in a circular motion.
- Hex-a-terrestrial — Players will be expected to find their way across floating platforms, but one mistake could spell doom.
- Space Race — It was described as the Gauntlet but just in space.
- Frantic Factory — This Round was inspired by 1v1 Button Bashers as players bash buttons to get points.
The developers explained how Release Notes will be coming soon to Fall Guys, which would feature more improvements, bug fixes and potential new gameplay features. The announcement teased that more details would follow as Season 2 drops on Thursday, September 15.