Team 17 Studios introduces Sheltered 2, a resource management sequel that aims to build on the success of it’s predecessor.
Apocalypse is coming, its name is Sheltered 2.
Team 17 and Unicube studios tag team to deliver fans a second helping of Sheltered, which contains a swath of new features that is sure to delight fans. As a survivor team attempting to manage resources, new challenges face veterans of the original with a combat system that is rehauled and a new art style that brings the shelter into the third dimension.
Making friends is crucial in this post-apocalyptic world, as teamwork does seem to make the dream work on a devastated Earth with limited life-sustaining assets. The new faction system adds a fresh layer of strategic depth for seasoned Shelter players.
The key part of this faction system is that it gives players the means to cooperate with each other to trade, thrive, and survive the barren wasteland. On the other hand, players could spark conflict with other shelters. Players are also given the freedom to feud with one another leading to a catastrophic war over who’s shelter is top dog. In a dog-eat-dog world, there is only one winner as this could spell the end of entire shelters. With this fresh take on a PVP or Co-op system, there is something in here for everyone.
Here is an instruction manual of sorts, to help maintain survival in the wastes.
Sheltered 2 Notable Features:
- Factions: The new factions system allows players to create bonds with other groups to provide their base with resources and support, or they can meet each other outside and duke it out to determine who’s fittest for survival.
- Resource Management: Balancing the needs and wants of survivors, management of scarce resources, crafting items necessary to maintain the shelter, cooking meals, and building equipment to keep the group alive are integral for survival. With the expanded power system, players can generate energy in new ways
- Faction Leader: Newly added for Sheltered 2, the faction leader is the head honcho of a shelter. They come equipped with unique and powerful traits, and play a critical role for the shelter to succeed. Their demise spells the end of a shelter
- An Unforgiving Wasteland: Starvation, asphyxiation, extreme temperatures, and combat are just a few of the challenges players will face in the harsh wasteland
- Combat: In Sheltered 2 players will use a variety of skills coupled with the ability to build parties of four and targeting specific body parts on their enemies to deal the most visceral damage in combat situations. Each action performed also has a stamina cost, so strategy will be at the forefront of every altercation, each move critical in the balance of life and death
- Characters: Survivors have their own personalities, traits, desires, and skills to acquire, and the ability to customise each individually means every faction member is unique.
Sheltered 2 delivers a new look at what management of the rapture can look like, and whether factions should help each other or leave each other in the ground.
Shelter 2 arrives on Steam on September 21.