Qualcomm and Razer have teamed up to bring the Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 platform to a handheld dev kit that is designed by the prestigious peripheral brand.
The purpose-built platform from Qualcomm allows gamers to play all of their favourite games in one neat spot. Razer has teamed up with the technology company to deliver a brand-new dev kit that allows development of titles utilizing this innovative platform seamlessly.
With the Snapdragon G3x Gen 1, gamers can play all the games that find their home on PC and Android devices, while also utilizing cloud gaming to bring the best to the newest form of streaming. The new technology aims to make life simpler for those who want an all-in-one place to find all of their favourites.
Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 Features:
- The Qualcomm® Adreno™GPU to run games at smooth 144 fps and 10-bit HDR for gaming in over a billion shades of colour.
- Powerhouse connectivity from Qualcomm FastConnect6900 Mobile Connectivity that utilizes Wi-Fi 6 and 6E for the lowest latency, with fast upload and download speeds. 5G mmWave and sub-6 for ultra-fast, lag-free cloud gaming while streaming the most bandwidth-intensive games from services like Xbox Cloud Gaming or Steam Remote Play.
- Snapdragon Sound technology is fully optimized for quality, so gamers can pinpoint opponents and hear all of their favourite title’s action.
- With support from AKSys, the platform provides precise touch-to-controller mapping, enabling use of built-in controllers across a wide array of mobile games.
- A Multi-screen experience can be unlocked with an ability to tether to an XR viewer via USB-C port, or to a Snapdragon G3x powered device. It also allows for a peripheral device to act as a companion controller to a 4K display TV.
The Razer Dev Kit
Qualcomm also revealed the platform’s device that will be used by developers to utilize the new Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 platform, and it is by none other than the highly renowned Razer Company.
Razer Co-Founder and CEO, Min-Liang Tan, says “Razer is extremely excited to partner with Qualcomm Technologies and support them on their way to introduce new cutting-edge technology to the global gaming industry,” regarding their partnership, also stating “Together, Qualcomm Technologies and Razer will lead the way with new and innovative solutions that push the boundaries of fidelity and quality available in portable gaming, transforming the way these games are experienced.”
The Qualcomm and Razer partnership aims to provide developers with a device that features high-end graphics and seamless functionality while also maintaining mobile support.
The Razer Dev Kit Features:
- 6.65-inch OLED display with Full HD+resolution and 10-bit HDR.
- A 5MP/1080p webcam, with two microphones that players can use to capture gameplay, and stream games to their audiences as the ultimate broadcasting tool.
- Well-balanced and easy to gripcontrols, for comfortable gameplay over an extended period.
- 4-way speakers on the dev kit provide quality audio and when paired with Snapdragon G3x Sound enabled earbuds, gamers can experience lag-free wireless audio.
With these exciting announcements today, Qualcomm and Razer aim to lift developers to new heights with the new Snapdragon G3x technology and Razer Dev Kit.
More information on the Dev Kit can be found on the Razer website.