In an all hands on deck edition of the Pixels and Ink Podcast, the crew discuss everything from gamescom 2022, to the rise of fantasy sequels hitting streaming series everywhere.
Now that gamescom is over, Eduard joins Jordan, Dayna, Chris and Brendan to break down all the big announcements, previews and spectacle that made up this year’s show. From the countless games that line the massive convention centre, to the crowds and publishers flooding one of the biggest in-person gaming events since the pandemic, this show was one to be remembered.
Beyond the talk of gamescom, the crew took some time to talk about the Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power along with The House of the Dragon and how these massive shows are shaping the landscape of streaming moving into the fall.
To round things off, with the summer now coming to a close, the crew look back at the games that were released, and how even though the months are normally slow, this has been a monumental time for gaming, both indie and AAA.
About the Castors:
- Brendan Frye: Editor-in-Chief of CGMagazine, Brendan is as snarky as he is seasoned in the gaming industry. With over a decade working as a journalist and EIC, he has covered festivals and conferences, interviewed the industry’s biggest names, and is always excited to see how the medium changes with new technology and fresh voices.
- Jordan Biordi: Managing Editor, host of Pixels & Ink; and part-time Ninja; when he’s not busy combating the forces of evil, he’s writing articles and making videos on the hilariously mediocre Youtube channel: Ninja-Jordan Reviews.
- Chris De Hoog: A writer and podcaster from Ontario, Chris discovered roleplaying games with Final Fantasy on the NES and has been overthinking them ever since. When he’s not obsessing over Star Wars, you can find him steaming at twitch.tv/guildtwotaps
- Eduard Gafton: A twenty-something year old from Romania with a deep love for everything to do with JRPGs, Star Wars and Spider-Man. He is also currently a Master’s student interested in topics such as interactive fiction and digital media as a whole.
- Dayna Eileen: Executive Editor and long-time serial gamer, mom of two, aunt to many; she absolutely loves introducing the people she knows to her love for games and nerd culture. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter and Instagram as @thedaynaeileen