Panzer Dragoon: Remake just released its 1.3 patch, and it came with a total revamp of the game’s performance and controls.
The Panzer Dragoon: Remake offered a nice nostalgic throwback when it came out on the Nintendo Switch, but fans were quick to notice that the gameplay and performance were markedly worse than the original. A number of updates were swiftly promised to bring in things like an orchestrated soundtrack. Now, Panzer Dragoon: Remake patch 1.3 has added things like Episode 0, cheat codes, 60fps gameplay, and a number of other much demanded features.
Episode 0 is a sort of horde mode that was present in the original Panzer Dragoon. As GameFaqs notes, entering the code “up, up, up, down, down, down, left, right, left, right, left, right, left trigger, and then right trigger” in the game’s main menu could access the secret stage. It’s not clear whether you still need to enter the cheat code to access it.
Here are the full Panzer Dragoon: Remake patch notes for the 1.3 update, which were shared in a Twitter thread.
- Episode 0
- Super Weapon Mode
- New gameplay options: rumble, classic reticle, auto-aim zoom, HUD toggle, performance mode (60FPS)
- Cheatcodes in the main menu allowing the player to cheat in a campaign (god mode, infinite credits, super weapon mode)
- Gyroscope controls
- SFX system and sounds rework
- Multi-button fire (A and B)
- Input lag removed from all actions
- Camera rotation speed increased
- Easier and more responsive targeting system
- Full options access trough pause menu
- Blue Dragon motion re-work
- Start language based on console account language
- New, reworked Pandora’s Box is now available after beating the game at any difficulty
Panzer Dragoon: Remake is currently available on the Nintendo Switch and will be heading to the PC via Steam and Google Stadia. If these features and fixes work as advertised, you’ll be getting a massively improved game over what was available at launch, so you may want to check it out. Stay safe out there!