Voice actor Mara Junot, known for AAA games like God of War Ragnarök, Diablo Immortal, Teen Titans Go!, and Destiny 2: The Witch Queen lends her voice to Ziggurat Interactive’s new Slave Zero X.
Mara Junot is no stranger to voice acting, most recently playing the voice of Mist in the award-winning game God of War Ragnarök. Now, she will lend her voice to Slave Zero X, Ziggurat Interactive’s newest title in the Dreamcast Slave Zero franchise.
Slave Zero X aims to bring a “a whole new side-scrolling hack-n-slash experience to fans of the original game”. In its multiple gameplay modes, players will find themselves harnessing their biosuit and heading into battle against the enemy, SovKhan. Mara Junot will be playing Enyo, the second of the Five Calamities—the innermost circle of generals answering to the Sovereign King (SovKhan). Already announced members of the Five Calamities include Shou, the game’s protagonist, and Atavaka, a masked swordsman.
Shou is voiced by Griffin Burns, known for Devilman: Crybaby, also appears in Octopath Traveler, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Genshin Impact and most recently, Midnight Suns. Atavaka is voiced by Jordan Reynolds, most recently appearing in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion, also heard in Lost Ark, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, Demon’s Souls, Lupin III and Fallout 76.
Playing Enyo, Mara Junot will be honing her skills as an “obsessive gun collector and killer for hire with fearsome accuracy—nicknamed Beloved by the Bullet. She is cunning, sadistic, and takes pride in collecting Old World firearms and ammunition. Her loyalty to the SovKhan is temporary, as the only person she trusts is herself.”
Features of Slave Zero X include:
- Different Modes to Mutilate: Play through the story, build your combo-crushing skills in training mode, or test your might in the post-story Bloody Palace Mode
- Hack-n-Slash ‘n Slash ‘n Slash…: Chain together lethal attack combos with your sword and an array of explosive ordinance while leaping, sprinting, and flipping your way through a grim biopunk world
- An Environment Worthy of HR Geiger: Conquer mini-bosses and climactic arch-villains in unforgettable combat sequences
- Brutal Battles and Cutthroat Missions: Battle your way through massive levels, mazes, and boss-rushes in a dynamic 2.5D world
- Blood-Soaked and Synth-Soaked: Immerse yourself in a world of heavy Drum ‘n Bass and industrial tracks that get more intense as the action heats up
Slave Zero X is slated to release in 2023, and is available to wishlist now on Steam.