Sony unleashed a wild State of Play for September 2023 yesterday, and they revealed some new information and trailers regarding upcoming video games in their catalogue.
Fans who missed yesterday’s big State of Play for September 2023 are in luck, CGMagazine has readers covered with the latest news straight from Sony on what’s next for the company that built the PlayStation. Sony unveiled trailers, news, release dates and more in their ~28-minute-long showcase, and we have a full recap following the full video below.
Resident Evil 4 Separate Ways & Mercenaries DLC – State of Play 2023
Possibly one of the bigger surprises of the Sony showcase, the Resident Evil 4 Remake made the cut and will receive a new DLC focused around a mission-in-progress from a less-than-fortunate Ada Wong. It’s worth noting the new Separate Ways DLC will come with the Mercenaries mode present in the original title’s release. The DLC will be released on September 21, and the free VR DLC update is arriving at a TBD Winter 2023 date.
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Story Trailer – State of Play 2023
As we encroach upon the release date of the video game adaptation of the major Avatar film series, Sony revealed new information about Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora story. As a born Na’vi but kidnapped and raised by the RDA, fifteen years after your abduction, you are a free Na’vi, and must reconnect with your lost heritage. Meet new Na’vi clans and join them to protect Pandora when Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora launches on December 7 this year.
State of Play September 2023 Announcements
- Odd baby-walking sim Baby Steps bumps into PlayStation sometime next year.
- Honkai: Star Rail lands on PS% on October 11 this year.
- Roblox is finally coming to PlayStation consoles on October 10.
- Foamstars Open Beta Party launches this month, and PlayStation has given many details on how to participate.
- Tales of Arise – Beyond the Dawn DLC expansion releases on November 9.
- Ghostrunner 2 demo was made available for PS5 after the presentation.
- The Deep Earth Collection, a new metallic colorway for PS5 accessories, will be made available starting later this year.
- Helldivers 2 arrives on PlayStation on February 8, 2024.
- Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord announced for PS VR2.
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth – State of Play 2023
Sony closed out their massive State of Play in September 2023 with a new Final Fantasy VII Rebirth trailer. The trailer revealed many of the story elements consistent with the base FFVII experience, including arcade mini-games, the unlockable Vincent Valentine, and an overarching narrative that includes the massive weapon enemies that mobilize when the planet is in danger. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth has also been announced to end on “that scene” when it launches on February 29, 2024.
That just about wraps up the Sony showcase for September 2023. Fans can slide over to the official Sony Blog for more information regarding any of the exciting announcements.