Next@Acer’s Press Conference is today, and this year its giving fans a huge look at their upcoming lineup of gaming based products for the future.
The Next@Acer Spring Global Press Conference is an event designed to showcase the next great products to come out of the massive tech company, and for 2023 Acer delivered, with new products covering and expanding much of their existing catalogue. While the Travelmate and Acer Chromebooks have been updated for the upcoming year, Acer brought a wealth of news surrounding their gaming sector for 2023. For those who missed it, the entire conference can be seen below.
Next@Acer New Predator Gaming Laptops
First and foremost, Acer has brought the power to their Predator series of gaming laptops this time around, implementing 13th Gen Intel Core processors and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs into the chassis of their brand new lineup. With new GPUs under the hood of the Predator lineup, creators and gamers alike can harness the most out of their devices. Each laptop also carries the signature Acer AeroBlade fan technology, to keep the devices cool even through the most demanding of tasks. The following are the new devices showcased at the event.
- The Predator Triton 17 X is the most powerful gaming laptop Acer has produced to date, while also retaining a slimmer less-than-an -inch tall profile. Although the presentation is minimal, the interior has serious power. Featuring a 17-inch display capable of hitting 250 Hz refresh rate, the new laptop carries a 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900HX processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 GPU under the hood, with hybrid architecture for maximum adaptability for creators and gamers alike. The Triton 17 X can blaze through the most demanding of tasks with ease, and it will start at $3,799 USD, and will be available in May.
- The Predator Helios Neo 16 is another strong gaming laptop introduced by Acer, which delivers less power than the Triton 17 X at a lower cost for consumers. With 13th Gen Intel Core HX processors paired with up to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU, but still carries a Maximum Graphics Power of 140 W. The Helios Neo 16 offers a variety of 16-inch display options, a WQXGA (2560×1600) IPS display and a WUXGA (1920×1200) display that both carry a 165 Hz refresh rate and NVIDIA Advanced Optimus and G-SYNC for the clearest visuals possible. The Predator Helios Neo 16 starts at $1,199 USD, and will be available in May.
- The Predator Triton 14 is the smallest of the new Acer laptop offerings, pedaling mobility and power in a neat package. Including a 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700H Processor and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 or 4050 Laptop GPU, while the smaller laptop is the most portable, it doesn’t sacrifice much power for the creator/gamer. The 14-inch display delivers a blindingly fast 250 Hz refresh rate, and is only 0.74-0.78 inches thin. The Predator Triton 14 starts at $1,499 USD, and will be available in May.
- Lastly, the Predator Helios 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition is the latest device from Acer to implement their SpatialLabs technology introduced at the Next@Acer 2022 event which delivers the stereoscopic 3D technology Acer has been cultivating. By using this technology, the Helios 3D 15 combines the eye-tracking solution and stereoscopic 3D display to portray 3D scenes and objects to literally seem like they’re popping out of the 15.6-inch screen. Under the hood, there is the powerful 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900HX Processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Laptop GPU to bring the new SpatialLabs tech to life. The Predator Helios 3D 15 starts at $3,499 USD, and will be available in June.
Next@Acer Orion X Desktop and New Gaming Monitors
- The new Predator Orion X Desktop is the latest home PC that features a focus on DIY-friendly builds, while also including the capability of delivering real power. It can combine the special edition 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS processor and up to a liquid-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 GPU inside the compact ‘space capsule-inspired’ designed chassis. Specifying ‘zones’ where components should go, lend credence to the DIY element of the device. A removable magnetic front cover and metal side panels function as shields to protect the organs of the PC, while maintaining a small frame of 19.8lbs. The PredatorSense 4.0 utility app allows users to maintain the system efficiently, pulling all of the capabilities out of the components with ease. The Predator Orion X starts at $2,999 USD and lands in September.
- The Nitro XZ452CU V Monitor delivers a curved 44.5-inch display for maximum efficiency. The Nitro comes with an ultrawide 32:9 (5120×1440) aspect ratio complete with a 165 Hz refresh rate to smooth input lag and allow users to do more tasks at once. The Nitro XZ452CU V Monitor starts at $999 USD and will arrive sometime in Q4 2023.
- As for the last gaming component unveiled at Next@Acer, The Predator X34 V Monitor delivers a curved 34-inch OLED display, complete with UWQHD (3440×1440) resolution and a 21:9 aspect ratio for the most wide-viewing angles possible. A 175 Hz refresh rate is also nothing to scoff at, delivering a lag free experience smoothly. The Predator X34 V Monitor starts at $1,299 USD and arrives in Q4 2023.
Next@Acer 2023 revealed many exciting gaming PCs and components for the upcoming year, while also showcasing new entries in their Eco-Friendly line, and their business line of devices. Acer has also announced they’re working with Bethesda Softworks to bring the upcoming anticipated Redfall title to their devices by way of the Xbox Ultimate Game Pass service. Owners of new Predator Windows 11 applicable devices can obtain a free month of Xbox Ultimate Game Pass, so fans can try out the new title when it launches on May 2nd.
Fans looking for more info surrounding all of the exciting announcements, can shoot over to the Acer website for all of the exciting details.